|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Pay-Agent Modality-NTA base|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Transport (MOT):
The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is implementing various road projects in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. For implementation of the projects funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), a Program Management Office (PMO) of MoT willing to handle implementation related tasks that would include (a) procurement civil works and consultants’ services, (b) monitor the progress of day-to-day project implementation, (c) accord various approvals including approval for variations, extension of time, (including obtaining approvals of the donors,.), etc., (d) prepare progress reports (e) prepare withdrawal applications for disbursement, (f) maintain project accounts and complete loan financial records for auditing and (g) ensure compliance with various Loan and Grant covenants, etc.
As a Project Manager, he will be responsible for the management, quality control and delivery of feasibility study, detailed design and construction supervision projects. His management role is to ensure that deliverables are produced with quality and on time by monitoring progress and providing advice and support. He must be proficient in the identification, analyses, and resolution of problems and effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of project activities.
Provinces to travel:
- A master degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Project management with a minimum of 5 Years of experience (Preferred) / or a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Transport Engineering with minimum 7 years of the experience;
- Relevant professional affiliations in the fields above (Preferred);
- Experience should include public procurement, contract administration, and (preferred Road Project).
- resolving road works related to technical issues;
- Extensive experience interfacing with contractors, consultant, and client preferably projects financed by international organizations;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Detailed Duties and Tasks
The duties and responsibilities of Project Manager will include but not limited to:
· Handle procurement activities for selection of contractors and consultants, Monitor project implementation;
· Undertaking a technical review of the submitted designs by Consultants/Contractors to ensure consistency and a high standard of output.
· Assisting in options analysis and value engineering of the designs
· Review progress reports submitted by the Consultants to assess project implementation and assist the Program Director in communicating important decisions of the Employer (MoT) to the Consultants to avoid potential delays. Coordinate/liaise with Consultants, Contractors, other Ministries and ADB concerning technical matters of the project.
· Ensure that the works are implemented in accordance with the technical specifications specified in the contract and interim road standards of MoT.
· Interact with the Consultants on a day-to-day basis concerning implementation and take corrective measures.
· Ensuring that the Supervision Consultants perform in accordance with the contract. Processing of various contractual matters including approval of variations, grant of extension of time etc.,
· Periodical visits to the site to assess implementation of the project and resolve any issue relating to the Contractors/Consultants. Review the recommendations of the ‘Engineer’ on designs prepared by the civil works contractors, a method of implementation, final testing, commissioning of the project, etc., and accord Employer’s approval.
· Review the IPCs/invoices submitted by the Consultants/Contractors and recommend for payment. Ensuring compliance with loan/grant covenants.
· Assisting in the analysis of field data, reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
· Responsible for other general office duties as may be assigned.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· A degree in a related field (Civil Engineering);
· Planning & Organizing - Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
· Communications - Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to prepare written documents/communications;
· Technology Awareness – Good computer skills using MS Office, AutoCAD, Civil3d, Primavera, Ms Project and the Internet,
· Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people;
· Fluency in English language is required;
· Fluency in written and spoken Dari/Pashto is required;
· Ability to draft letters in Dari/Pashto and English;
· Ability to coordinate with senior officials (who are members of bids evaluation committees, and consultant selection committees)
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
Willingness and ability to travel inside Afghanistan