|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Ranking No. 1 in accreditation by the Ministry of Higher Education of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in 2018, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Established in 2002, Kardan University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. With three campuses in Kabul, Kardan University currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 4,000 students in the field of Business, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Law, IT and Civil Engineering.
The University’s alumni group comprises of over 15,000 globally-minded professionals who are contributing towards the development of Afghanistan’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
In 2018, Kardan University obtained its academic accreditation from the Ministry of Higher Education and by getting the highest scores, it becomes the top-ranked university in Afghanistan. Kardan University becomes the only university from Afghanistan to be granted full membership at the Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN). Kardan University is also a member of the Global Business School Network (GBSN) and is accredited by International Accreditation of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
If you are looking for a professional and friendly work environment where employees are valued, supported, and recognized for their accomplishments and if you are a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and self-motivated Project Manager to plan, oversee and lead the Training project from start to completion for one of the USAID funded projects.
Working with the University leadership and leading the project management team, you will lead the training mobilization, scheduling, stakeholder management, and operations support to the project. You will also be responsible for providing overall leadership to the project members to ensure the quality of service and prompt reporting to the client. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative organizational culture.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to academic and professional development of our people. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry plus a complete benefits package that includes sponsorship of international training, workshops and research conferences. We also provide well-furnished accommodation for international faculty and facilitate processing of their work permits and visas.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Familiarity with USAID reporting and documentation requirements
- Excellent command of English and national languages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent written communication including report writing skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual plans in accordance to the project plan.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project initial proposal.
- Receive list of Media Outlets and Business Institutions from U.S. Embassy.
- Coordinate English Language Courses among both audiences.
- Select, recruit and orient project team including instructors.
- Lead and motivate the project team.
- Lead the registration process in the program, administer placement test and assign students in appropriate course levels
- Schedule and conduct training sessions in coordination and consultation with the trainers and project team.
- Assign instructors/trainers for each and every training session.
- Customize curriculum based on results from placement test.
- Provide training orientations to instructors and conduct TOT’s
- Provide instructions as per the schedule
- Develop and submit S-425 reports to the donor agency as indicated in the project plan.
- Prepare and communicate project progressive reports to the donor agency on quarter basis.
- Finalize and submit project financial reports as required.
- Manage the information flows between the Project Team, Donor agency and the project beneficiaries
- Establish solid working relationship by proper coordination and communication with the project stakeholders including donor agency, project team, and beneficiaries.
- Prepare and submit the project completion report to the donor agency.
- Any other task as assigned by the management of Kardan University.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor in Project Management, Business Administration, Economics, Education and/or any other relevant field. Having Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project management related experience.