|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 12, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a development success story, born in Bangladesh and expanding into 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa. It spreads anti-poverty solutions making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 through its Dutch registered Stichting BRAC International. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In February 2019, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the fourth consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
This is a key position who oversees the project. This position is reportable to the Programme Manager.
Provinces to travel:
• Project Management.
• Expertise on community based education formal education, vocational education as well as education in emergency.
• Appropriate managerial skills and knowledge.
• English proficiency with advanced communication and reporting skills.
• Team building and leadership skills.
• Conflict resolution skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To lead and manage a project of 38 million USD to ensure secondary, higher secondary, technical and vocational education for around 50,000 girls in Afghanistan.
• Plan, execute, and facilitate the project interventions strictly according to the approved, plan, budget and timeframe.
• Manage resources and coordinate efforts of the team members to deliver the GEC-T project effectively and efficiently.
• Ensure that the project meets the stipulated and expected results of the project by overseeing the quality control of the whole project cycle.
• Manage day to day project operation following approved and agreed policy and procedure accordingly.
• Ensure team works for achieving the project target effectively by promoting team sprit as well as by controlling and leading the project staff.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department for building peaceful working environment.
• Ensure that different kinds of reports are submitted to donors on time and according to their requirement.
• Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the program by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Masters in relevant subject
• Professional degree in Education is preferable.
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# 10/20 BI in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 12 April 2020
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer