|Date Posted:||Jul 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 13, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||13 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
CARE invites applications from Qualified Afghan Male& Female candidates for its Kabul Main Office based position of Project Manager for its Abbot Funded Project , Those with Internet access can email their completed CARE Standard Job Application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with their update CVs and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">email@example.com
• Overall project management including management of human resource, financial/resource, logistic, implementation, risk and stakeholders;
• Supervise and oversee projects operations under his/her direct responsibility to meet targets and goals specified in the projects scope and documents;
• Supervise project team to optimize the quality and efficiency of their outputs and to maintain a high degree of satisfaction with their job and personal development;
• Represent CARE-Afghanistan in external and internal events and establish and maintain a good working relationship with the all key stakeholders to ensure coordination, partnership and mutual support;
• Collaborate in resource mobilization and design of new initiatives to ensure CARE work continue and receive funding;
• Generate evidence based learning, documentation and reports from project implementation to share and to inform future programming;
• Ensure alignment of the projects interventions with CARE global priorities and strategies and the CO program strategy including cross cutting areas (GED, Advocacy and Inclusive governance).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reports to the Health Equity and Right Program Coordinator.
• Supervises project team.
• Ensures coordination of project activities with Field Operation Coordinator (FoC), Provincial Manager and provincial program team.
• Collaborates with program quality, monitoring & evaluation, finance, human resource and other support functions concerning assigned project.
• Maintain effective working relationship with CMP, donors, partners, relevant line ministries and agencies.
Stationed in Main Office (if a project is located in a single province, he/she will be stationed in that sub-office unless based on the nature and scope of the respective project, the incumbent would be stationed in Main office)
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
• In close collaboration with Health Equity and Right PC and the PQ team, to respond to requests for proposals or to develop new project frameworks and designs;
• Contributes development of specific strategies and implementation plans in line with project frameworks;
• In close collaboration Health Equity and Right PC and the PQ team, review project technical documents and plan and make necessary amendments and modifications;
• Ensure project management process are well implemented to meet the project requirements;
• Address the relevant concerns, and expectations of the stakeholders in planning and executing the project with support from the program and CO management;
• Represent CO and the relevant projects at the national and international level;
• Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place to ensure project implementation according to the project agreed requirements;
• Ensure project implementing partners deliver quality services to the beneficiaries and provide timely reporting on project activities;
• Review and prepare quality project reports based on plans, progress and issues;
• Ensures integration of advocacy, governance, DNH and GED in to project designs, plan and implementation.
Effective and accurate Financial Resources Management focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Develop projects budgets in close collaboration with the Finance, procurement and other concerns departments;
• Ensure proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial and program resources in accordance with CARE rules and regulations;
• Conduct budget vs. expense analysis of the project and consult with Finance Unit or Provincial Manager for any variance;
• Make sure financial reports are submitted timely and with high standards and quality as per donor requirement;
Human Resources Management:
The PM in compliance with CO human resources policies and strategies is ensured at all times, including:
• Hiring of qualified staff as per the project staffing need and structure;
• Recruitment processes and performance management systems are properly overseen, ensuring link of job design with recruitment career development and learning management;
• Undertakes Performance Management Process (PMP) of her/his supervisees;
• Staff learning opportunities are promoted, and the implementation of the capacity development plan at the project level is ensured;
• Ensure project implementing partners receive technical support from CARE Afghanistan to better manage and implement project activities.
Coordination and information sharing with projects Stakeholder:
• Ensure project stakeholders expectation are well identified, analysed and managed during project life cycle;
• Stakeholders engagement are well managed by regular and professional communication to ensure their expectations are met and any issues risen timely addressed;
• Ensures that reports reflecting lessons learnt are documented, circulated and shared in timely and effective manner within and outside the organization as appropriate and relevant;
• Ensures all lessons learnt are incorporated and integrated as required to new initiatives and project designs;
• Participate and represent CARE and project in the relevant stakeholder meetings.
The incumbent must be well experienced in problem analysis, project design, partnership, team building, project management and a good understanding of developmental concepts.
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English. Presentation skills reporting and proposal writing knowledge. Proficiency in project management and project administrative update systems. Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs. Knowledge and experience in the relevant field. Having strong advocacy and lobbying and governance skills.
• Build personal and inter project relationship, analyse issues, cultural sensitivity, Gender mainstreaming, team work, establish a conducive working environment and having strong interpersonal skills.
• Medical Doctor, Graduated from a recognized medical university
• Master in Public Health will be a plus
• 5 years of managing health projects with NGOs, or UN agencies and related supervisory roles in different positions.
• Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashtu is a requirement.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested candidates should submit their completed CARE standard job application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with the updated resumes and letters of interest to CARE HRD department in its Kabul Main-Office no later than July 13 , 2020, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the exact job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
You are requested to send your application form along with the updated resume and letters of interest in Word or PDF file. Please do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the interview. The interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.
· APPLYING WITHOUT CARE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM OR NOT FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM PROPERLY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORT-LISTING,
· PEOPLE WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
· CARE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE ON http://www.acbar.org/applicationform.
· CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY LINK: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy