|Date Posted:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 15, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan National Standards Authority:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Day to day supervision of all project activities including administration, finance and technical works of the Technical Committees (TCs):
1. To develop an action plan in compliance to the
project schedule within 2 weeks
2. To supervise the daily activities of the national
and international staff of the project as well as
3. To communicate with all stakeholder in order to
invite them to the technical committees, and
improve contribution of government, private sector
and academia in standard development
4. To conduct need assessment for TCs and work with
international experts to develop a capacity
building/ training program
5. To assist TCs in developing standard procedures for
TC works including operation manuals, forms, and/or
6. To attend at least one meeting of each TC in a
month and make sure that adequate resources are
available, the progress is satisfactory and the
standard procedure is applied
7. To make sure that the Technical Assistance (TA) is
providing sufficient support to standard
development process especially the
building aspects as per the contract.
8. To initiate monthly, quarterly and annual report of
the project and submit it to Technical Deputy
Director General of ANSA.
9. To review the minutes of the TC meetings, highlight
the key issues, provide necessary recommendations
and submit the minutes to Technical Deputy Director
General of ANSA within 48 hours after a final
review by Project Director.
10. To initiate/review Purchase Orders for procurement
of goods and services as required by different
technical committees, process the PO in compliance
to standard procedures for finance and procurement.
11. To make sure that all financial records are in
compliance with the Procurement Law of Afghanistan
and standard procedures of the donor.
12. To review all documents including letters,
requests, proposals, RFPs, reports and internal
communications prior to submitting to Technical
Deputy Director General for approval.
13. To establish and keep an efficient communication
with the donor.
14. To make sure that required standards for TC work
are available whether they should be purchased,
requested, obtained through special links, etc;
and, if required, is translated on a timely manner.
15. Any other assignments given by his/her supervisor.
1. BSc in one of standard related fields with 3 years
experience in project management.
2. Fluency in English, and Dari or Pashto. Working
knowledge of both national languages is required.
3. Computer: MS office, in particular MS. Word, Excel
4. Knowledge of standards and standardization
procedures is an asset.
5. Ability to interact and establish / maintain good
and effective working relation with all parties
Hard working, ability to work under pressure and
tight deadlines, Good Communication skills,