|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Afghanistan Capacity Development & Educational Organization:
Afghanistan Capacity Development and Educational Organization (ACDEO) is a Women Lead and Women Focused national NGO registered with Afghanistan’s Ministry of Economy and Ministry of Women Affairs. Established in 2012, ACDEO is committed to the development of Afghanistan and aims to help the country’s most vulnerable individuals by improving social welfare and promoting a better quality of life for Afghans and their families within Islam and within Afghanistan’s constitution. ACDEO gives women and children the opportunity to access justice, counselling, and education. ACDEO established the first family helpline in Afghanistan, with an initial focus on three south-eastern provinces and within a few months started receiving calls from throughout Afghanistan. Utilizing specific professional skill-sets and experience, ACDEO is at the forefront of delivering accessible, trustworthy counselling, and advice to Afghans in need of non-violent conflict resolution. ACDEO continues to maintain a positive track record with callers due to their awareness of cultural and religious sensitivities.
Health Information Center (HIC) is a centralized office used for the purpose of receiving and transmitting a large volume of health-related queries by telephone from general public which is one of the innovative interventions designed and established by Health Promotion Department of ministry of public health of Afghanistan with technical support of Health System Strengthening (HSS) and funded by GAVI.
The overall objective of HIC is to provide promoting and preventive counseling, triage for referral or provide advice from next level care providers, in order to positively influence health behaviors and support public health interventions to appropriately respond to public needs and in result will improve access, reduce unnecessary travel and costs, and promote health and welfare of Afghan population. In addition, the HIC will arrange referrals to appropriate health facilities in the future as well as it is an essential tool to ensure good governance, voice & accountability.
The Helpline is reachable by dialing 166 from any network for free. The service is available in both national languages - six days of week for 24 hours.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Excellent language skills in English
2. Organization and team work skills.
3. Initiative, flexibility, creativity and analysis capacity.
4. Sense of responsibility and care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the general guidance of Project Manager will perform the following substantive duties and responsibilities:
1. Oversee the helpline project implementation and liaising with all project partners and ACDEO HQ staff. To follow communication “scripts” when handling different health topics.
2. Writes technical, narrative and data analysis reports. Must be able to write professional, formal English language reports. To encourage/refer the clients to the nearest health facilities to receive health services.
3. Develop project implementation plan, work schedules, logframes, and performance measurement frameworks. To work supportively with other helpline staff to identify job stresses and reduce team stress.
4. Performance and identification of resources and project personnel.
5. Promote gender sensitivity, protection principles and inclusive approaches throughout project.
6. Appropriate and extensive liaison with client, stakeholders, governmental agencies and partner CSOs for excellent coordination and representation through established in‐country coordination mechanisms and networks.
7. Participation in establishment of all policies and procedures for the Helpline.
8. Translation of policies from English to Dari and vice versa.
9. Ensure the implementation of organization policies and procedures.
10. Ensure the quality of delivered service.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. At least five years of general experiences including at least one year experience in managing relevant fields.
2. 1 year experience in conducting research and data analysis.
3. Able to use Microsoft Office.