|Date Posted:||Jan 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Management,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
We are looking for an effective project manager to maintain the delivery of appropriate tracking of project progress through monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Maintain collaborative working relationships among key project partners and donors, through effective communication, consultation and reporting.
Requires travel to provinces:
• Must indicate his/her experience dealing with senior government officials and must indicate his availability for participation in monthly PriSec meetings.
• Detail-oriented with strong communication, time management, follow-up, and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
• Strong familiarity with project management software, tools, methodologies, and best practices.
• Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
• Excellent command of English language, knowing the local languages (Dari and Pashto) will be an advantage.
• Proactive and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to produce well-written documents, presentations and reports in English.
• Flexible working hours to cope with work pressure.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support to the Secretariat and its members in achieving the Committee’s objectives.
2. Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
3. Determine and define project scope and objectives
4. Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
5. Track project costs in order to meet budget
6. Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
7. Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
8. Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
9. Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
10.Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
11.Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Master’s degree from a well-recognized university in relevant fields, i.e. public administration, economics, law or business administration.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Must have at least 7-10 years of relevant experience of working for/with the Afghan government on private sector development.