|Date Posted:||Jun 16, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 25, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Project Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||4 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghan Women’s Peace and Freedom Organization (AWPFO):
Afghan Women’s Peace and Freedom Organization (AWPFO) is affiliated with Women International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) since 2015, which is one of the oldest women`s peace organizations leading “Women Peace Movement” around the world. AWPFO aims to play a crucial role in mediation, promoting culture of tolerance and peace among women, youth and men in order to pave the way for sustainable and dignified peace for all Afghans. The women`s approaches AWPFO uses is: promoting culture of peace-building on grass root level, bringing influential women and men in our alliance to support women’s right in Afghanistan, and also mobilizing female and male moderate scholars and intellectuals to support women’s meaningful participation in the peace process using moderate understanding of Sharia. AWPFO also mobilize and empower women from different walks of life to better advocate and voice their concerns such as girls and women with disability and women from minority community to raise their voices on the issues which impacts their life. Currently AWPFO have 10,000 members in 34 provinces of Afghanistan (70% female and 30% male). AWPFO reach out to our provincial members through our provincial women focal points from 34 provinces, who lead the member groups in their respective provinces.
The Project Manager will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with the other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the Provision of Psychosocial counselling project at the central level. Your project management skills and knowledge of mental health and/or psychosocial support (MHPSS) will ensure that high-quality programming and continuously work towards improving the impact of in the central region.omotional events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The project manager is responsible to perform the following activities but not limited to:
1. Manage psychosocial team dynamics and staff well-being.
2. Manage complex situations with superior communication skills demonstrating maturity, empathy, and consideration of different cultural and individual perspectives.
3. Effectively manage talent and provide strong, supportive supervision to the project team.
4. Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material, and human resources for the quality implementation of the project.
5. Will lead technical, budget management, monitoring, and reporting activities through the project cycle - start-up, implementation, and close-out - in line with AWPFO program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
6. Develop various reports (project progress, project retreat, and close out) and disseminate results according to donor requirement.
7. Leverage strong writing and analytical skills to contribute to new project design and proposal writing for AWPFO programming.
8. Review project documentation to ensure the project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
9. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
10. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following AWPFO Policy.
11. Build trusting relationships within and across project teams, including partners.
12. Use superior communication skills to engage and strengthen partnership relationships relevant to all AWPFO projects, applying the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
13. Support finance manager on periodic budget reviews and follow-up with technical advisor on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
14. Perform any other duties assigned by line manager.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree strongly preferred, ideally in a field related to MHPSS.
With bachelor degree minimum of 6 years, with master 4 years of working experience in project management is required; work experience in the field of MHPSS and/or protection for an international NGO is strongly preferred.
• Staff supervision experience required.
• Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
• Ability to manage Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning systems.
• Experience analyzing data and drafting program reports required.
• Good communication skills
• Report writing skills
• Office management skills
• Good command of MS Office use.