|Date Posted:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
Assistance for Health, Education and Development (AHEAD) is implementing BPHS SEHATMANDI Project in Takhar, Samangan and Nooristan Provinces looking for capable candidate.
Project Manager (Roster) for Takhar
Project Manager (Roster) for Samangan
Project Manager (Roster) for Nooristan
The Project Manager is responsible to plan, organize, implement, control of all related project activities and to ensure the quality and quantity of provided health care at the related health facilities is exactly according to the BPHS Sehatmandi P4P project and donor requirements while promoting and maintaining professional relations with Community Health Councils, Provincial Public Health Department and Implementing Partners.
intrested applicant can submit their CV to below email address.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures overall management administration and supervision of SEHATMANDI project including CME schools in the province
- Represents the organization and the project in meetings with PPHD NGOs UN agencies and other stakeholders in the province
- Regularly and actively participates in the PHCC meetings and other important coordination meetings at the provincial level
- Regularly and actively participates in all important meetings and workshops conducted in Kabul city.
- Effectively coordinates the project related issues with the concerned stakeholders at the provincial level
- Ensures valuable and appropriate information is provided from the field to be used in the project’s quarterly reports.
- Closely oversees performances of the operational and technical staff of the provincial office and makes sure they perform in line with requirements of the project organization and MoPH (SOP).
- Closely oversees the procurement and recruitment processes at the provincial level.
- Ensures that effective supportive supervisions and monitoring are regularly conducted at the project sites as planned in the province and corrective actions are taken to address the identified problems
- Ensures that Monthly, quarterly technical and financial reports of the project are informative accurate and submitted on time
- Ensure timely submission of monthly updates of SEHATMANDI project to PPHD and MoPH’s relevant department
- Develops the performance improvement plan (PIP) with the support of PPHD
- Ensures effective implementation of PIP at the provincial/project level
- Ensures that performance appraisals and training needs assessments of the staff are conducted and appropriate skills and knowledge transfer activities are performed at the project level
- Ensures that the organization’s policies guidelines and procedures are implemented appropriately in the province.
- Ensures the project implementation is in compliance with organization MOPH and donor requirements
- Reviews the progress of the performance indicators of the SEHATMANDI project on regular basis and ensures the index and maximum levels of the project’s target indicators are achieved
- Ensures the implementation of CME schools are in line with the MoPH guideline and the criteria set by GIHS and AMNEAB.
- Provides substantial supports for successful implementation of the vertical/BPHS supportive projects in province.
- Approves recruitment and dismissal of the clinical and management staff according to the accepted standards of SEHATMANDI projects.
- Performs any other duty assigned by program director and board of management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mandatory – recognized Medical University Degree.
- Preferable – Masters in Public Health, MPH
- Essential: at least six years’ managerial experience (after graduation from university) in Afghanistan or other developing countries
- Excellent organizational and team building skills
- Pleasant personality, motivated to manage and lead a team towards quality performance results as the normal output
- Fluent in local and English languages.
- Excellent communication skills and confident in presenting to a wide audience
- Computer literate preferably in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate competently in written English
- Able to multi-task
- Honest, trustworthy and committed to organizational goals
- Have received Training in project management planning M&E Leadership and report writing