|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||51000 - 51200 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Assist and support the medical team in the implementation of the overall medical strategy, activity and resources in the project.
Be responsible for medical activities delegated from the project medical referent in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the activities and medical follow-up.
This position requires a medical doctor (MD) to:
1. help MSF continue to design and subsequently implement its medical response to the COVID-19 outbreak and
2. take on key responsibilities on staff health including clinical follow-up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the project, contributing with his/her background and experience as an MD to the improvement of overall performance (including medical protocols), adapting it to the changing reality and context
- Participates in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.)
- Support projects’ development by participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects. This includes the possibility to gapfill for other MDs during their absence.
- Clinically follow-up the health of MSF national staff under the supervision of the PMR and with the support of MSF MDs in the triage of Herat Regional Hospital.
- Provide clinical guidance and support to the project medical clinical teams in the inpatient therapeutic feeding center (ITFC) ward of Herat Regional Hospital, in MSF clinic for internally displaced persons and in Gazer Ga COVID 19 management center. - Support MSF Medical Activity Manager of Gazer Ga COVID-19 management center and relevant managers to train medical staff in MSF protocols and support the implementation thereof to ensure quality of care.
- In support of the medical team, represent MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assist the PMR in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoPH, etc.)
- Follow-up patients referred to the capital, organizing their transport, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases
- Carry-out administrative (inventory and management of the medical operational library, archiving of data and medical reports, etc.), information gathering and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking
- On the request of the line manager, carries out extra tasks including those related in direct clinical case management
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience as a MD. This could include gapfilling as a MD in any of the above-mentioned health facility where MSF is working.
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
Requirements and Competencies
Medical Doctor (medical diploma) essential
Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
Other experience in similar position essential
MSF experience desirable
English: oral and written essential
Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
Working hours and Salary
Full Time: 176 hrs a month, day shifts Sat-Wed.
The gross base salary for this position is 51 200 AFN per month (non-negotiable)
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Wednesday, 15th July 2020 at 4:00 PM with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to;
- Médecins Sans Frontières, FIN-HR Manager in HERAT Project via: E-mail: MSF-Herat-EmAdmin@msf.org or drop in the CV box at MSF Herat Office, 29th Hamal Square, Near Almas Sharq Hall, District 5 Herat.
The reference “PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT ASSISTANT – MEDICAL DOCTOR” should be mentioned to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact?