|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Oct 25, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||15|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||4 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the project officer will implement the project at the community level. She/he will closely work with field staff and project beneficiaries in Daykundi, Ghor, Takhar, Samangan and Badakhshan provinces. Impart regular visits to beneficiaries in the field, provide technical agriculture and livestock management training to project farmers, distribution agriculture inputs and livestock inputs to strengthen livelihoods and food improve food security farming families affected by recent drought and covid-19. He/she will also provide support to the Project Coordinator in compiling monthly and quarterly Progress Reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct technical supervision of project coordinator, you will be accomplishing the following key responsibilities:
With the assistance of project coordinator, the project officer will develop daily and monthly work plan.
- He/she will conduct regularly visits to district programme site at 90 % time to field to observe and assess the performance of target beneficiaries’ and provide to them information and technical advice as required.
- He/she will closely work with relevant project field staff and target farmers and livestock owners to implement the project activities and will send monthly progress report against the agreed objectives and outcomes.
- Distribution of the wheat seed and animal feed to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Conduct mobilization meetings with target farmers, and promote sustainability through farmer’s participation and involvement in all Agricultural and livestock activities.
- Conduct regular visits to farmer’s fields, identify technical problems investigate causes, advise effective solutions to farmers and commercial growers to assure crop quality and low crop damage and ensure increased crop production levels.
- Provide information or recommendations to farmers or other landowners regarding ways in which they can best use land, promote plant growth, or avoid or correct problems such as erosion.
- Conduct experiments to develop new or improved varieties of field crops, focusing on characteristics such as yield, quality, disease resistance, nutritional value, or adaptation to specific soils or climates.
- Develop new or improved methods or products for controlling or eliminating weeds, crop diseases, or insect pests and identify or classify species of insects such as locust.
- Document and share case studies, success stories and field visit reports as and when required.
- Discussion with the community regarding extension of new methodology and introducing new varieties and techniques in the area.
- He/she will delivery agro technique and livestock management trainings to project farmers and livestock owners.
- He/she will carry out the post distribution and post harvesting survey in the field.
Possess at least a BSc degree in agriculture or social science.
At least 2 years of working experience in emergency project.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
· Evidence of a highly developed computer literacy
· Knowledge of English language will be an added value.
· Knowledge of Dari and Pashtu language will be an added value.
· Committed and honest in his/her work
· Ability to provide technical supervision, motivate and train project livestock owners and farmers.