|Date Posted:||Jul 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSA:
Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs (MoLSA) is the focal Ministry of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan mandated to work on Labour Affairs, Social Protection and Welfare.
As such, the work and mandate of the Ministry is very crucial particularly for contributing in achieving the third critical goal of the Afghanistan Compact. To fulfill its Mission, the MoLSA has further divided into four Programs.
· Labor Welfare & Skill Development Program
· Program for the Welfare of the Families of Vulnerable & Disabled
· Social Welfare Program
· Administration & Finance Capacity Development Program
MoLSA is the focal Ministry in the field of social protection and child protection in Afghanistan. Moreover, the Government of Afghanistan ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), and legalized the Child Act to reinforce the child protection system in Afghanistan. Additionally, the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MOLSA) with support of UNICEF established CPS (Child Protection Secretariat under the Social Affairs division and the General Directorate of Social Protection and Social Security in 2014.
The concept of a Child Protection Secretariat (CPS) has been incorporated by the Government of Afghanistan as a means of reshuffling the delivery of protection services to children by providing institutional leadership regarding the identification of, and policy response to, national child protection priorities.
MoLSA is in the process to develop National Child Protection Program (NCPP) to protect the rights of all children especially children at risk, provide a platform to all actors (government and non-governmental organizations) to work together, strengthen the coordination and bring transparency and accountability.
To identify and receive emergency cases, to create a safe environment, to prosecute/follow up, to take care of the cases that have arisen, to provide living facilities and to reunite/reintegrate children to their families/relatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To prepare the work plan of The Centre in accordance with the general plan of Orphan and Vulnerable Children Project (OVCSP) and the Directorate of Child Protection (DCP)
- To be responsible for overall management of The Center
- To ensure that all the children in the center are in safety, children’s physical and mental health is maintained and all the needed services are provided properly.
- To oversight the implementation of the plans and programs in the field of supporting children, and case management of different categories of children according to the law and regulations in order to ensure objectives and goal obtainment
- To monitor children case management within the center and in various partner organizations
- Provide professional advice to the relevant stakeholders regarding the prosecution/follow-up and management of children cases
- To provide the necessary living facilities for children of the mentioned categories
- To ensure effective management, supervision and development arrangements are in place for all of The Centre’s staff to ensure the team delivers high quality services to the children
- To ensure services planned meet the needs and positively impact on children’s lives and achieving expected outcomes and meeting agreed targets
- To participate in workshops and seminars that are held to build the work capacity and awareness of supportive center.
- To create training programs for employees to improve their capacity and skills in the areas where need arises
- To work closely with other agencies to ensure that children in need are identified and they are safely reintegrated to their families/ permanent government centers (if the family/relatives are not found)
- To lead, manage and support staff effectively on a day-to-day basis to enable all to carry out their professional responsibilities
- Do any other task as per requirement
Bachelor Degree in the field of Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, LawSocial Science, Social Work and other related field.
A minimum of 4- 5 years of experience in the area of administration is required