|Date Posted:||Aug 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||60000 - 68000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Provincial Manager the incumbent undertakes the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead plan and design of irrigation systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
· Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design irrigation specifications and safety standards.
· Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
· Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
· Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
· Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs.
· Provide Standard Drawings based on the site survey drawing.
· Coordinate and work Closely with the Project Manager.
· Lead inspection and monitoring service for the Project Construction Part.
· Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
· Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
· Ensuring all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
· Overseeing the quality of materials and plant development.
· Managing, monitoring, and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client/architect.
· Liaising with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
· Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
· Travels to different project locations to design, cost estimate and monitor IRA construction/refurbishment activities.
· Lead technical report of project construction works.
· Ensure quality construction designs for all irrigation schemes.
· Perform any other tasks assign by his/her supervisor.
· Minimum University engineering degree in Civil Engineering.
· 3-5 years relevant work experience with international organization and NGO.
· Fluent knowledge of the local languages and English.