|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 24, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Objectives of the program:
The community midwife works in the Family Health House (FHH) primarily to deliver reproductive health care services to women. She assumes responsibility and accountability for her practice, applying up-to-date knowledge and skills in caring for each woman and family.
Purpose of the Post:
The Provincial FHH project officer will be responsible for overall management and liaising of the FHH program in respected province. S/he will be responsible for smoothly implementation of FHH program activities including planning, leading, coordinating, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Responsible for overall project management on provincial level from conceptual design to project close out
• Conduct the comprehensive community assessment using participatory planning for sustainable development methodology to identify with areas meeting the criteria for establishment of FHH location
• Conduct Joint supportive supervision mission with local BPHS implementer NGOs, PHD teem and other stakeholders
• Coordinate FHH related activities at the Provincial Health Coordination committee (PHCC)
• Ensure provision/delivery of supply of materials equipment (Medical and non-medical to 18 FHHs in Khost and Paktia province) on timely manner as per plan
• Perform and follow up day-to-day technical and operation activities with GFCU, UNDP, line management and PHD
• Ensure provision of essential RMNCH services, ANC, PNC, FP, newborn, post abortion care and TB, Malaria and HIV/AIDS services through FHH
• Ensure coordination with line management, maintain broad network of relationships, cooperation and coordination with PHD and NGOs, local government and communities to ensure integrated and effective implementation of FHH program
• Coordination with local BPHS and EPHS implementers and link the nearest BPHS health facility and establish referral system for complicated cases
• Develop and implement project annual plan, and support project staff in planning and implementation as per planning and reporting routine of MoPH and GF.
• Work closely with PHDs and PHCCs for Community Midwives mapping and identification of underserved community
• Undertake regular visits to the project areas (distract villages) of related province sites selection, community mobilization, renovation/constructive process and timely feedback
• Make sure that the MoPH’s and GF policies, guidelines, procedures and manuals regarding the program are implemented
• Provide health products consumption reports on regular basis to MOPH and UNDP
• Follow-up/Data entry if need inter the HMIS Data of FHH related information in DHIS2.
• Report the all midwives’ attendance report in monthly base
• Make sure the training and field visits are timely conducted.
• Prepare periodic progress reports as requested by the MoPH/PHD, supervisor and GF TB-RSSH Grant
• Perform other duties as assigned by line management.
1) The Candidate must have Bachelor Degree, MD
2) 4 years related experiences including (Project Management and Community).
Essential: Bachelor Degree.
Desirable: MD and Master will be preferred.
Essential: 4 years of related experience (Project Management and Community).
Desirable: Relevant experience in the FHH and CHW, Having good knowledge/high practical skill of Project management and health community base.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1) Have the skill to monitoring the physical, psychological and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle;
2) Providing the mother with individualized education, counselling and prenatal care; continuous hands-on assistance during labour and delivery; and postpartum support;
3) Fluency in Pashto and Dari Language is must.
4) Willingness to work long hours and weekends and complete the deliverables on time
5) Must have good command of computer skills
6) Excellent communication and report writing skills
Languages: Ability in effective oral and written communication in local languages (Pashto and Dari) and English.
- knowledge of computer.
Screening of the candidates;
Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.