|Date Posted:||Aug 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 24, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
Under the direct supervision of the National Grant Coordinator, Health. the project officer is responsible to oversee and provide technical support to regional staff on F4HE project activities. In addition, the incumbent will support the national coordinator in implementation, budget utilization in accordance to the donor approved work plan and budget to achieve the target goal of the project. He will also coordinate the activities with the partners agencies and other stakeholders including the MoPH.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Arrange regular coordination meetings with regional health team, AKF’s relevant sectors and partner agencies (AKHS, AKES, AKU, FMIC and DHRC), record the minutes and follow progress of the action items.
• Follow implementation of the project activities including health promotion, mental health and nutrition activities with provincial health teams in Badakhshan, Baghlan and Bamyan provinces.
• Track progress/achievements against agreed work plan in close coordination with M&E/MIS and ensure budget utilization according to the allocated budget.
• Conduct supportive supervisions, quality assessments and monitoring visits to target provinces regularly to ensure proper implementation of the project.
• Support the project coordinator in development of quarterly, annual, and final project report.
• Support provincial teams and contribute in development of quarterly, annual work plans and yearly plan of operation (YPO).
• Increase the project’s staff capacity through supervision, workshops, trainings, and regular consultation for improved performance and achieving better results.
• Ensure that proper Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) material is available and distributed on time.
• Keep proper filing system of the project document both hard and soft.
• Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions and customs.
• Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations, practice accordingly and carry out responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults in accordance with the Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Report any suspicions or actual violations of the Safeguarding Policy and and/or Child Safeguarding Policy as per the given training.
• Do any other relevant task as line manager may request.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct capacity building sessions on health promotion, nutrition, mental health and psychosocial to technical staff when required.
• Maintain a good organizational working relationship within the departments and other AKFA’s sectors.
• Maintain close working relationship with provincial health team, relevant sectors and AKDN sister agencies.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• Confirm the yearly plan of operation for the relevant project
• Provide the feedbacks to the projects related staff and regular follow up for improvement in the projects implementation.
• Medical Doctor graduated from a recognized medical university with minimum 5 years hands-on-experience in managing health projects; particularly in health promotion, nutrition and supporting Mental Health and Psychosocial programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, and local languages verbally and in writing.
• Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
• Very good interpersonal communication and managerial skills.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Attention to details & Technical Skills.
• Management and Leadership skill.
• Writing, Reading and strong listening Skills.
• Creativity, Initiative, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Effective communication skills and self-confident.
• Experience with adult education methods and Health Promotion.