|Date Posted:||Sep 26, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 2, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The project officer (GBV) will be responsible for contributing to the timely and quality implementation of activities, deliver continuous technical coaching, perform monitoring and evaluation of the quality of GBV related work and capacity building of staff who will be working with in GBV prevention and response. The GBV officer will support in the provision of training and supervising GBV social and Community Workers to respond to cases of GBV in the targeted area and ensure effective case management and GBV prevention activities, respectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures.
· Maintain, monitor and measure GBV project implementation and contribute to effective information management on GBV survivors.
· Closely work with the protection officer and ensure that staff implement and respect best-practice and international standards in GBV prevention and response.
· Participate in the design of project activities, monitoring systems and capacity building activities for partners, community member and children.
· Assist GBV team in the development and testing of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) materials on GBV and violence prevention for the camp communities.
· Provide technical supervision and support of filed staff through regular contact, field visit and or meeting.
· Oversee awareness raising activities and support the development of messaging.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders, and local NGOs and service providers.
· Responsible for on time weekly and monthly progress report.
· Perform any other tasks assigned or required
- University Degree in Commination, Public Relation, Public Administration, Law, Political Science, BBA and any other related field
- Experience,3-5 years in related field preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Well experienced in project planning, management and can plan, organize and carry out activities with limited supervision from supervisors.
- Ability to communicate and submit reports in both spoken and written.
- Good English writing and speaking skills
- Fluency in Pashto / Dari
- Good knowledge and skill of Computer office automation programs