|Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Projects Communication & M&E Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||7 Months|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Project Communication and M&E Coordinator will work under direct supervision of the PSU Director. He is responsible to closely liaise between office of H.E Minister, Department of the Ministers, Projects and donors. Attend highly level internal and external meetings, collect the required data analyze the data and provide reports, briefs, and make presentations to H.E Minister and regularly update the PSU Director and H.E The Minister about any progress made.
Provinces to travel:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization or project.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and local languages
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Communication and M&E Coordinator is comprised of the following but not limited to;
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Communicate and coordinate between the office of H.E Minister, Departments of the Ministry and all external parties, the projects and keep the office of the Minister updated of the overall process and functionality of the system.
3. Attend all donor coordination meetings and provide updates and briefs to the office of Minister.
4. Play the role of focal point between the Ministry, projects, and all other counterparts.
5. Review projects documents and donor policies and brief H.E the Minister.
6. Identify priorities and gaps for donor funding projects
7. Attend Ministry's management meeting and provide updates and reports to the office of H.E Minister
8. Follow up on the activities/tasks agreed during the internal and external coordination meetings
9. Conduct regular assessment of the donor’s activities to measure the effectiveness of the intervention and provide brief and reports to the Ministry.
10. Maximize effectiveness and efficiency within the ministry and note any duplication and report to the office of the Minister.
11. Any other task as requested by the Projects Supports Director and office of H.E the Minister of Mines and Petroleum according to laws and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Relations or other related fields, Master degree will be preferred
At least 7 years’ working experience to bachelor degree and 5 years to master degree.
Must have strong Monitoring and Evaluation expertise, data collections, data analysis and report writing skills.
Excellent interpersonal and Communication and report writing skills
Knowledge of Computer software’s and Ms. Office packages
Language: Strong English Skills-Written and Spoken, Strong Dari or Pashtu Skills-Written and Spoken
Willing to work under pressure, and long hours