|Date Posted:||Jun 28, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 5, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||24 month(s)|
About Afghan Knowledge Solution:
AKS is a local development consultancy that works with the international community in public, private and third sectors with the common goal of helping Afghanistan to become more secure and enhancing the life chances of Afghans by supporting economic and human development projects.
Founded in 2009, AKS has established a reputation as a trusted and highly competent partner in international development, managing projects across Afghanistan. We have a network of more than 500 national and international consultants with both exemplary technical expertise and a deep understanding of our country. By supporting donor and commercial projects, AKS nurtures talent by transferring the skills and knowledge of its young Afghan team to fellow Afghans.
We work with international partners on governance, public financial management, economic development, and investment advisory and support, providing them with the local expertise they need to operate in Afghanistan efficiently.
The expert shall have a degree in Engineering with a similar experience of at least 8 years in overseeing cost, invoice auditing and scheduling for construction projects. Having Project
Management Professional (PMP) or Project Scheduling Professional (PSP) Certification is must. The Expert shall be responsible for the followings:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Projects Control Expert:
1. Have proficiency at managing simultaneous projects to meet costs/deadlines successfully
2. Developing standards and processes for review of contractor’s baseline and updated schedules.
3. Develop Earned Value Management cost loaded schedules and provide critical analysis of cost loaded schedules.
4. Developing different project management templates for gathering, tracking and verifying project’s progress for Quality Assurance team.
5. Tracking projects schedule and cost on timely manner and recommend for mitigation if required.
6. Leading project planning and scheduling review meetings. Investigating causes of variance between
planned and earned/actual and recommend solutions or recovery plans.
7. Performing an independent delay analysis as part of any Contractor delay claim(s).
8. Participating in the process to develop mitigating strategies to maintain program goals and objectives.
9. Review of Contractor’s baseline schedule and prepare audit report and recommend corrections.
10. Provide oversight and analysis of Contractor’s updated schedules. Conduct weekly schedule analysis
meeting with subcontractor.
11. Developing standards and processes for review of contractor payment invoices.
12. Responsible for maintaining and training invoice auditing standards.
13. Responsible for developing templates for checklists and invoice audit worksheets for invoice audits.
14. Responsible for review and audit contractor’s progress payment invoices.
15. Responsible for development of Cash flow for all on-going projects based on analysis of Contractor’s
16. Reporting DABS/DPMO on SPI, CPI and Estimate at Completion (EAC) and EVM Metrics and
recommend corrective actions on critical tasks.
17. Responsible for developing and maintaining projected and scheduled progress for projects through
analysis of contractor schedule.
18. Supporting various levels of project reporting. Assisting in assembling data for cost trending and
19. Responsible for preparing training materials and aids for training MS Project, Primavera and Project.
• Familiar with the nature of formal meetings, training, workshops, and ability to share information