|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 1, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Financial/Budget Planning,Budgeting/Forecasting,Cost Management,Administrative,Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||4 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
Under the direct supervision of the IDLO OCB Manager and in close collaboration with RIIALS Project Team Manager and RIIALS project team, the proposal drafting expert assists IDLO partner institutions to develop persuasive proposals that will enable them to seek funding for security and safety related priorities within their institutions and to tap into all potential sources of long-term funding to cover the costs associated with filling the gaps identified in the RIIALS assessment reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Contractor will conduct the following activities:
· Assist IDLO partner institutions to develop proposals in light of findings of the IDLO assessments.
· Organize proposal development workshops for the relevant staff of partner institutions.
· Build partner institutions capacity in proposal development through provision of coaching and mentoring to enable them seek safety and security funding from diversified sources.
· Work closely with IDLO partner institutions to review and priorities the needs and draft/develop proposals accordingly.
· Identify list of workshop participants from respective partner institutions and coordinate internally to facilitate venue reservation, flight bookings, accommodation, or any other administrative procedures.
· Develop workshop objectives, identify expected outcomes, and draft a plan.
· Perform administrative tasks associated with conducting workshops including developing invitation letters and agendas and coordinating with respective partner institutions regarding workshop events.
· Provide regular reports on activities as well as high-quality inputs to weekly donor progress reports.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Communications, or related field.
· Experience in drafting and developing proposals is required. Experience in proposal drafting related to safety and security topics will be an advantage.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience. Demonstrated experience obtaining funding as a result of proposals drafted would be an advantage.
· Experience producing and facilitating workshops for diverse groups of people.
· Experience applying adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment.
· Fluency in English and Dari (required). Knowledge of Pashto would be an advantage.
· Strong problem solving, conceptual, and analytical skills.
· Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information from databases and clearly and concisely prepare results.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of IT software and the internet.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
· Ability to develop solid relationships with key stakeholders and build productive partnerships.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.