|Date Posted:||Jul 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About DEFA (Democratic Election Facility for Afghanistan):
The basic purpose and philosophy of the organization is to work with the people to actively participate in the mainstreaming of the campaign for the holding of free, transparent and inclusive elections in Afghanistan.
To provide assistance to the head or the board of the organization in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders
- Identifies funding opportunities
- Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Have integrity and education with marketing experience
- Have an outgoing personality; enjoy leading client meetings
- Are digital natives, immersed in the online world
- Are comfortable working with faith-based clients
- Are strategic thinkers, able to plan and process
- Are strong communicators and creative thinkers
- Have an excellent working knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and grammar rules
- Lead with humility and serve with eagerness
- Are comfortable hitting daily deadlines
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Value constructive criticism
- Are comfortable delivering as a key player on a variety of projects
- Handle themselves in a pleasant, personable manner (in-person, phone, and email)
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have a good sense of humor
- Desirable Qualifications
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in government and commercial proposal support
- Understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals
- Ability to seamlessly work independently or part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently, as a leader and as a member of a team
- Capable to work with minimal supervision, including demonstrating flexibility, accountability, initiative, and self-motivation to identify and execute tasks
- Able to manage multiple and shifting priorities and meet high quality standards while working variable and longer hours under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent communication in English required.
- Strong attention to detail & decision-making skills
- Understanding of public relations, communications
- Ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Supervisory and Team building skills
- Time/Stress management skills
- Understanding of education sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software; Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work in a highly volatile, fast-paced environment
- Outstanding research and organizational skills and the ability to learn new things quickly
- Self-disciplined with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work extra hours if needed
- Executes professional standards at all times: attire, communication, behavior
- Experience in editing professional and business writing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention
- Ability to work collegially under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments
- Experience working in a high-paced environment with proper time management and organizational skills
- Ability to do technical Documentation
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization
- Work the Director in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Develop business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, annual report, DVD, poster etc.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs), request for quotation (RFQs), ITBs and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal/quotation deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal/quotation information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinate printing.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Concept development of the organization
- Lead and/or run the proposal creation process for the responses of MEC developments in conjunction with RFPs and RFIs (requests for information) received.
- Develop and maintain compelling, persuasive RFP content
- Build compliant outlines for RFPs/RFIs
- Assist in developing and maintaining a proposal/Business plan content library
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Proposal Writer needs at least a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field (MBA preferred). At least 5 years of experience with bachelor and 3years with master’degree directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Overall 3-5 yrs experience.
5+ years in proposal writing and concept development