|Date Posted:||May 30, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 15, 2017|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Media Operations Centers:
Media Operations Centers (MOCs) is a U.S. Embassy Funded Project, operating in four Afghan Universities namely Kabul, Balkh, Herat, and Kandahar Universities. Its Mission is to improve the skills of journalism students at mentioned universities in the areas of print, radio, and television reporting.
The proposal writer and project management consultant will work closely with the faculty members and provides training and proposal writing services and project management training to Journalism Faculty administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working within the work plan provided by the faculty in order to achieve the objectives for the project’s sustainability
Providing input in the areas of project implementation acquired by the faculty
Assisting the faculty in meeting the stated goals of project through the preparation of work plans, specifying project objectives and indicators
Assisting the faculty in preparing manuals for financial independence, administrative/financial procedures, and income generation work plan.
Providing the necessary training on marketing and standard reporting procedures required for the project
Providing proposal writing services and project management training to Journalism Faculty administration which will include the followings:
1. Determining proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
2. Working schedule: Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
3. Gathering proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
4. Developing proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
5. Maintaining quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
6. Obtaining approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
7. Improving proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
8. Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
9. Accomplishing organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Any other task assigned by the MOCs' Project Coordinator
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in related fields
Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to provide training
Ability to provide proposal writing in project management trainings
Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge.