|Date Posted:||Jan 13, 2021|
|Reference:||Vacancy # 932|
|Closing Date:||Jan 22, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
WAW is recruiting motivated and qualified staff for the UNHCR funded project “Strengthen the protection environment for internally displaced persons and refugee
returnees in North and North East Afghanistan”
The incumbent will be part of the protection monitoring team that conducts systematic monitoring of the protection concerns of conflict induced internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugee returnees.
Protection concerns (i.e., rights violations, discrimination, and exclusion) will be monitored and documented under the project. These activities will lead to 1) an increased understanding of the protective environment, including essential demographic data, vulnerability mapping, available services, and existing gaps impacting the displaced and returnee communities, and 2) sharable reports detailing needed actions by all actors (humanitarian community and government) to address protection concerns/gaps and contribute to identify measures and small community support projects aimed at mitigating protection risks and support the (re)integration of displaced and returnee communities
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist the community to understand the project activities and goals;
· Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
· Data collection and management
· Analytical and research skills
· Good skill over report writing in English
· Good level of proficiency in Excel and quantitative analysis
· Ability to design M&E tools
· Strong presentation skill
· Time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
· Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
· Encourage and promote positive learning between the project staff and the communities.
· Work with the Protection Project Manager and other members of the team to build relationship with the communities and local authorities, specifically DoRR.
· In the assigned area of responsibility, conduct monitoring visits to internally displaced and refugee returnee communities and, through focus group discussion, identify main protection risks and concerns affecting displaced persons and returnees
· In coordination with other actors, participate in joint assessment monitoring of internally displaced persons during the first phase of displacement;
· By using an age, gender and diversity approach, engage displaced and returnee communities to identify existing coping mechanisms, capacities and assets that comity gate their protection risks and support their stabilisation;
· Trough participatory assessment, mobilise the communities to elaborate on initiatives and projects that can support their stabilisation and mitigate their protection concerns.
· Based on results of the monitoring and discussion with displaced and returnee communities, identify areas in need of referral to specialised agencies and support the reporting officer and UNHCR in drafting of proposals for community support projects.
· During monitoring visits, conduct information dissemination sessions to raise awareness among displaced and returnee communities on available services in their current location;
· During monitoring visits, identify persons with specific needs and ensure they are referred to the appropriate service provider;
· Monitor the progress of protection monitoring in the field and report to Protection Project Manager on trends and developments affecting protection environment.
· In coordination with Protection Project Manager, maintain monitoring work plans covering the target locations
· Ensure confidentiality and respect for core humanitarian principles, including the principle of do no harm,
· Perform any other tasks related to project activities
· Record results of protection monitoring visits using the relevant tools and maintain electronic records for each visit;
· Maintain record on number, date and locations of protection monitoring visits, including number of beneficiaries benefitting from information dissemination sessions and number of persons with specific needs identified and referred;
· Report the collected data to the Reporting Officer.
· Report on daily basis to the Reporting Officer and Protection Project Manager.
· Coordinate on daily basis with UNHCR Provincial Focal points on mission planning and monitoring schedules in the field.
· Ensure to involve the Reporting Officer and team in all the major work related decisions.
· Ensure to inform the Protection Project Manager with all the related security issues and other vital information.
· Maintain a good relationship with the other members of the team.
· Maintain good relationships with the beneficiaries and their families in order to understand their perspective on the project and to assist in the success of the project.
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Community empowerment, outreach and/or monitoring; previous experience in protection programs and/or participatory assessment programs for internally displaced persons and refugee returnees is a strong asset;
· Desirable knowledge of core elements of protection, GBV, child protection, legal aid;
· At least 12 grade graduated / Diploma & Bachelor Degree is desirable
· Fluency in Dari, Pashtu & English is an asset.
· Experience in the usage of Office package (MS Word, Excel, etc).
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
Interested Afghan applicants should submit their CVs along with cover letter indicating their interest and suitability for the position . Please indicate the vacancy number (VA# 932 Protection Monitor) clearly in the cover letter also in the subject line and send to: Email Add:- email@example.com.