|Date Posted:||Jul 20, 2020|
|Reference:||Vacancy # 881|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
The Provincial Manager has the responsibility to manage Children Support Centre (CSC) and Transitional-House (TH) activities considering the project cycle management in an effective and efficient manner per the set log frames indicators and project work plans in collaboration with the Head of Program.
This position holder will be also responsible to manage all day to day operations and program activities. The job holder is also responsible to oversee the successful implementation of TH and CSC activities and operation functions ensuring achievements of set targets for all centers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure CSC and TH activities/project implementation in line with the relating proposal, log frame, project’ annual work plan, WAW’s and donor system
- Provide support on monitoring of the project implementation, record the learning based on monitoring visits findings, challenges, case stories to determine CSC and TH’s overall objectives achievements and result.
- Provides leadership in integrating WAW’s activities into larger program plans and goals; supervises staff on program-related activities.
- The Provincial Manager prepares monthly work plan for herself in line with the project Log frame (Indicators) and CSC and TH annual work-plan and ensure successful implementation. She also prepares or largely contribute in preparation of CSC and TH Log Frame and annual work-plan.
- Lead development of IC materials and lectures for public awareness, trainings and public events and supervise education and vocational training/production activities of CSC/TH,
- Regularly track the project progress through monthly routine reports submitted to Head of Program, monthly report to donor and quarter reports to the relevant government sectors, field visits and project review meetings with the relevant staff to ensure timely completion of project annual work plan.
- Support capacity development and training of clients to enable them to increase their knowledge, literacy and learn vocational skills to be empowered through self-delivered outputs – products and services.
- Supervise all categories of staff at CSC and TH ensuring social workers, psychologist, care takers, teachers have clearly defined work plan that they perform their activities smoothly to the plan and keep records of achievements and report any short-falling to the Head of program in written.
- Ensure all files related to psychologist, social workers, caretakers, teachers and other program staff are organized and updated and relating activities records are Follow up and ensure timely reporting to Head of Program and donor and coordinate with Reporting and Communication Unit to harmonize donor reporting formats and system.
- Ensure to document and record case stories, success stories, achievements and other progress reports as defined in the project application and annual work plan.
- Ensure to apply best practices in delivery of services to clients, build good team working environment free of intimidation and fear, encourage staff explain their thoughts and feeling for improvement of CSC and TH performance.
- Set annual performance objectives (APO) for staff reporting to her, assist staff to develop monthly activities plan and weekly schedules in line with their JD, APO and HH’s annual work plan.
- Identify CSC stakeholders and conduct meetings with the stakeholders for smooth implementation of the project and ensure necessary coordination is done at all levels Operation.
- Monitor and make follow up with operation department and particularly with finance department for timely budget execution to enable CSC and TH to provide supports to clients smoothly and deliver services and results on time.
- Frequently monitor and track budget utilization along with Finance Unit to ensure wise spending of budget is in place and avoid any under/over spending.
- Ensure an up-to-date copy of personal files and beneficiaries related files are kept safe in CSC and TH in an organized manner.
- Manage guards and driver’s activities, keep the in/out register book in HH well maintained.
- Ensure that the finance reports are accurate and the they are submitted to HQ in Kabul on Timely manner.
Bachelor’s degree in BBA and Law faculty or equivalent.
5 years’ relevant work experience with women and child focused NGOs.
Well equipped with sound knowledge and skills in Log Frame and project work plan preparation and implementation.
Proficiency in English and at least one of the national languages.
Sound capabilities in writing reports both in national and English languages.
Knowledge of computer, especially office programs
Knowledge of managing people and staff conflict resolution
Ability in problems root finding and solution and analytical skills
Good communications, interpersonal and team work skills
Knowledge of project cycle management
Previous experience in humanitarian projects preferably with NGOs.