|Date Posted:||May 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Provincial Administrative Officer (PAO) is responsible to assist the Provincial manger (PM) for the following: a) Day-to-day administration of AREDP HQ; b) Management of administration records and filing systems; c) Coordination of the staff transport and maintenance of the AREDP vehicle fleet; d) Provision administrative support to other AREDP Units and Offices; and, e) Act as focal point for all administration issues for Provincial Field Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities and operations of the with AREDP HQ Administration Unit;
- Coordinate the records and filing system of the Administration;
- Coordinate transport for AREDP in Herat and to the field in Afghanistan, and manage vehicle fleet (drivers, refuelling, maintenance, repairs);
- Assist the PM in the ongoing development and improvement of the Administration Manual;
- Act as the focal point of the AREDP HQ Administration Unit to support the Provincial Field Office in all administration activities and operations;
- Travel to Provincial Field Offices to train staff in the use of the Administration Manual and policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all Provincial office buildings (HQ and Provincial Field Office) are well maintained.
- Draft routine correspondence, general briefing notes and Administration Unit documents;
- Translate letters, documents, procedures and from English into Dari and vice-versa;
- Coordinate and control the work of support staff (guards, cook, cleaner, messengers) and other administration staff and responsible for smooth day to day administration activities;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for AREDP Provincial staff including flight bookings, hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, working permits, MRRD identity cards and so on;
- Other duties as assigned by the PM.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment and procedures.
- Some bookkeeping (accounting) knowledge.
- Good knowledge of office terminology and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Must be able to work under pressure, pay attention to details, show self-initiative, be assertive yet diplomatic and
- Ability to get along well with others.
PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
5 Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is a
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Management, or other related field;
- At least three years full-time professional work experience;
- Excellent office management skills;
- In the absence of a university degree an individual may qualify for the position by substituting at least 4 years of experience;
- Fluency in English; Dari and Pashto.
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening;
- Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member.
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanour; and
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative
- Willingness and ability to travel in Afghanistan.
AREDP Provincial Manager, and accountable to AREDP management.