|Date Posted:||Feb 24, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 9, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||30000 - 33670 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
MADERA is a French NGO implementing humaniterian aid programs in Afghanistan since 1988. MADERA was registered with Ministry of Economic of Afghanistan in No. 199, 1/2/2006. MADERA implements rural development projects in various fields (Agriculture, Animal Health, Forestry, Horticulture, Civil Engineering, Handicraft, Community Driven Development etc.) in 5 provinces: Wardak, Kunar, Laghman, Nuristan and Ghor. MADERAâ€™s headquarter is located in Kabul while MADERA is also represented at regional and provincial levels through several offices and sub-offices. Finally MADERA general delegation is based in France (Paris).
Under the supervision the Deputy Operations Director for West and Central region, The PC is responsible for:
1- The development of Maderaâ€™s excellent knowledge of the province and Maderaâ€™s excellent relations with local authorities, local population, and partners
2- The coordination and quality of Maderaâ€™s programmes in the province
3- The smooth functioning and management of Maderaâ€™s bases in the province, including reporting duties
Duration:9 Months , including 3 months probation period, Extendable
Salary:33,670 AfA. / Month (gross salary) +10,930 Afs remote area bonus and 250 $ break allowance after each 2.5 months
Duties & Responsibilities:
1- Knowledge of the province and external relations
- Regularly meet local authorities at provincial and districts levels and communities, communitiesâ€™ leaders, CDCs and shuras.
- Regularly conduct field visits in order to know the projects implemented and to meet beneficiaries.
- Regularly meet other NGOs and development actors active in the province.
- Establish a security network; collect data about the local situation and report ASAP to DOD and CD/OD when relevant.
- Collect and report potential requests from communities or local authorities for new projects.
- Get from the provincial staff as soon as possible all relevant information about the districts, CDC, DDA ... and report.
- Attend the PDC meetings and any other local coordination meetings and report to DOD about them.
- Send TLs to technical meetings and supervise the report to DOD, TAs and PMs.
- Prepare and facilitate the visit in the field of HQ staff, donorsâ€™ representatives and Madera member, and make sure these visits are fruitful.
- Prepare and submit the bi-yearly report to provincial representation of the Ministry of Economy.
- Update the action plan on a monthly basis and report it to Operations- In case of any program issue, report it to DOD
2- Coordination and quality of programmes
- Organize and lead internal weekly coordination meetings with TLs, log officer, AFO and Master Trainer NSP.
- Have regular visits on projects sites in order to monitor the quality and make recommendations to DOD.
- Organize regular individual meeting with each TL. Ensure that TLs comply with their report duties.
- Communicate doubts, remarks, ideas for improvement ... of programmes to PMs and DOD.
- Participate to the definition of selection criteria of beneficiaries and ensure that they are applied.
3- Functioning of bases and reporting duties
- Ensure the smooth running of logistics, HR, Administration ensure rules and procedures are well implemented and applied
- Organize communication between all the bases of the province.
- Ensure the preparation of the MFR involving PMs, TLs, LO and AFO.
- Ensure the good and effective repartition of logistic means (transport and communication) amongst the team.
- Supervise the monthly reports of the team (logistics reports â€“ Equipment, Stock, Costs, Activity report + HR reports)
- Prepare with the inputs of the AFO and LO the MPCR. Always ensure the security and safety of persons and assets.
- Ensure that buildings, compounds, and equipments are in good condition and properly used by all.
- Organize communication between bases. In case of a conflict between teams mediate and find appropriate solution.
- Report any HR issue involving staff to HR department in Kabul.
- Recommend any type of improvements to Kabul HQ.
ïƒ¼ Strong knowledge of the area â€“ Experience in project management and coordination
ïƒ¼ University Degree or equivalent diploma with experience and advanced training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: Project Management, Administration, Logistics Management
ïƒ¼ Ability to speak Dari, Pashtu and English
ïƒ¼ To have minimum 5 years experience in humanitarian sector;
ïƒ¼ To have sense of responsibilities and ability to take decision
ïƒ¼ To be diplomat, able to negotiate and coordinate
ïƒ¼ To be able to enhance Maderaâ€™s positioning within humanitarian sector in province area
ïƒ¼ To have strong analytical and organizational skills
ïƒ¼ To have good communication skills and relational qualities
ïƒ¼ To have good management and capacity building skills