|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its specialized programs in education, health, youth development, ultra-poor, national solidarity and safety net, as well as capacity development in the country
Provincial Coordinator is responsible to implement the project activities by establishing Community Based Education (CBE), Accelerated Learning Program (ALP), Mosque Based Education (MBE), Early Learning Centers (ELC), Temporary Learning Spaces (TLS) classes program for targeted beneficiaries, community mobilization, teaching-learning and managerial skill development for staff and school teachers, and support the selected children to receive to receive their need base/emergency education in the respective province.
Requires travel to provinces:
• Fluency in Dari, Pashto
• Good communication skills particularly in local language (Dari/Pashtu)
• Speaking and writing ability in English
• Good knowledge in Child education system in Afghanistan
• Computer knowledge and skill
• Skill on result based work plan (using logical framework) on strategy including budget related issues
• Ensure reports and other reports from concerned supervisor with qualitative and quantitative information
• Knowledge on materials development
• Coordination skill with PED, DED, other Govt. officials, local elected bodies, NGO’s, project experts and concern community members
• Ability to work under pressure
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement EiE project activities at the districts level and execute the planned activities according to the approved frame work and milestones in close coordination with Project ManagerTake necessary steps for enhancing staff the capacity in order to ensure the quality of activities to fulfill the targets(CBE, ALP, MBE,ELC, TLS schools).
- Supervise the staff performance and schooling activities in the schools and execute training/meeting in the field level as per planned
- Implement Child Protection Policy and Child Safeguarding issues in all levels
- Execute the training activities, supervise, coordinate and monitor within target areas
- Take initiatives to establish effective communication with provincial stakeholders for instance Provincial Governor, PED, Economic Director, Director of Plan, other GOs and NGOs with regards to the project activities.
- Solve the problems related to the project operation and other tasks through mobilizing communities, government bodies and other employees.
- Ensure procurement, preservation and distribution of the materials according to the BRAC procurement policy and procedures.
- Prepare monthly action plan to carry out the program activities according to the approved quarterly and annually work plan
- Resolve of the social problems related to school operation in consultation with community people, concern government department and other officials.
- Prepare reports by collecting data and submit to the concern department/Project Manager timely and regularly.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Bachelor degree, Masters is preferred