|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 4, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains. General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces. Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Director, and direct supervision of Project Manager. The provincial coordinator will base in Nangarhar province, he will work closely with SNaPP2 technical staff and would be responsible for the overall technical and managerial aspects of SNaPP2 project. He/ She will also be responsible to coordinate project activities with respective DAIL directorate and receive their recommendations for the smooth implementation of the project.
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent facilitation skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders and to manage different working group sessions
- Working knowledge of the sector and experience in project management
- Excellent report and success stories writing skills.
- Must be fluent in Pashto, Dari and English.
- Strong team orientation and staff development skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of technical and operation staff at the provincial level.
- Prepare and submit AWP&B of the provincial office as and when required by the project management team in Kabul.
- Play a key role in the achievement of the intended results and objectives of SNaPP2 project in the targeted areas.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the technical and support components as well as sub-components of the project.
- Implement project activities as articulated in the AWP&B of the provincial office
- Manage and oversee provincial office procurement, finance, HR, operation, inventory and other technical and support functions.
- Check and review all financial documents and ensure that all financial transactions are as per project guidelines as well as rules and procedures.
- Provide guidance and support to all staff to achieve the expected outcomes.
- Coordinate all provincial activities with all program stakeholders at the provincial level and attend all stakeholder meeting on provincial level.
- Approve work plans of all programs staff based in the province on the basis of program annual work plan and budget (AWP&B).
- Coordinate and network with concerned government authorities, i.e. DAIL/PAIL CDC, IPs and NGOs at provincial levels.
- Oversight and supervise all provincial level activities and provide suggestions for improvement of the program.
- Ensure that office assets/inventory is properly assigned, documented and kept. Be accountable for all office assets
- Be able to travel frequently to the project sites including districts and villages where SNaPP2 is being implemented.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, midterm and annual reports to the program manager
- Actively participate in in Provincial Coordination Committee (PCC) meetings as well as other formal and informal meetings and report the proceedings to Kabul
- Identify potential intervention for programme activities to enhance agriculture production and productivity.
- Suggest policy measures required for the improvement of programme activities and rural support services delivery.
- Provide support to public and private sector institutions involved in development of agriculture sector and identify potential linkage among farmers and private sector.
- Maintain relationship with provincial directorate of MRRD, MCN, MoWA and faculty of agriculture of provincial universities
- Any other project specific tasks assigned by the project manager from time to time
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
Having at least Master’s degree or its equivalent with 5 years’ relevant experience or having Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Livestock, Economics, Social Science, Rural Development or any related field with 7 years of relevant experience
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
- Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to
- Subject line must be: (Provincial Coordinator-0157/MAIL/SNaPP-2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
- Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test.