|Date Posted:||May 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Rural Enterprise Development Programme:
The Provincial Enterprise Facilitators (PEFs), male and female, reporting to the Provincial Manager will be the primary points of contact between the AREDPâ€™s Pilot Project initiative and the communities, the Community Development Councils (CDCs) and the Village Facilitators (VFs) in Districts.. They will provide technical on-the-job training to the VFs so that the VFs have the necessary information and practical methods to mobilize the communities into Savings Groups (SGs) and Enterprise Groups (EGs).
The PEFs must master all aspects of the project and all methods proposed by the technical support office to promote and establish functioning SGs and EGs. The PEF will seek to favour inter-village communication as well as promoting male and female communication both in the communities and within the PEF team.
*These eight positions (4 male and 4 female PEFs) are required for at least 12 months and are normally expected to be extended, where the initial period to 30 December 2010 shall be contracted under the World Bank financed IDA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The PEFs will be responsible for the following activities:
- Facilitating and arranging initial meetings with communities and CDCs to introduce, explain and assure awareness of the project activities and objectives;
- Contribute and organise the identification and selection of the VFs in coordination with the PM;
- Orient and train VFs in project objectives and implementation methodologies;
- Continually mentor and support the ongoing work of VFs in their respective communities through regular field visits (fortnightly);
And in close collaboration with the VFs:
- Plan and facilitate the formation, training, supervision of village level Savings Groups (SGs);
- Plan and facilitate in collaboration with the VFs, the formation, training, supervision of Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLA) from matured SGs;
- Plan and facilitate the village level enterprise assessment;
- Work to facilitate the formation of Enterprise Groups (EGs);
- Assist EGs to identify relevant value-chains for further development on the basis of the enterprise assessment; plan activities; access finance from VSLAs; and link to traders and transporters;
- Gather and compile information and data regarding communities, enterprises and savings groups;
- Prepare reports to the PM on weekly and monthly basis;
- Contribute to the ongoing development and planning of the design and implementation of the pilot project initiative;
- All other duties and tasks as assigned by the PM.
- At least 3 years of field experience working in community development;
- Knowledge of rural enterprise development, and or, village level savings in Afghanistan would be an advantage;
- Experience in information gathering, analysis, and reporting.
- Required qualification: a one year diploma in economics, business, or business administration background (degree level would be
- Excellent communication skills to engage communities and develop the required level of trust to effectively implement project activities;
- Fluency in written and spoken Dari, Pashto (some English skills would be an advantage);
- Good computer skills using Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Strong team building, interpersonal and negotiation abilities including the ability to address sensitive issues with diplomacy, respect, and tact;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with communities;
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and perform in a demanding field based working environment;
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative; and
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Badakhshan Province and other areas of Afghanistan as required.
E. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to Provincial Manager and accountable to Head of Program and the Senior Management Team.
* Female candidates are in particular encouraged to apply.
6.0 PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
5 Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.