|Date Posted:||May 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Financer Unit Officer (FO) a) implements and controls the day-to-day financial operations of Provincial office, cash transactions, accounting, payments request and so on; b) assists the Provincial Manager (PM) to support and train field office financial staff; c) assist in budget
planning and forecasting; d) Ensures the financial policies and procedures of the Finance Manual are understood and adhered to.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Prepare daily expenses vouchers and process them;
- Record financial transactions using accounting software application package;
- Maintain proper supporting documents for all financial related data and implement easy access filing system;
- Reconciles bank accounts and compare bank balances with books on monthly basis;
- Preparing monthly payroll in coordination with Human Resources Unit and FM;
- Generate payments requests and coordinates signing of requests;
- Maintain and cash flow project statement, and alert finance and program teams on shortfalls and over-expenditures;
- Assist in the preparation of program budgets to support strategic planning activities;
- Maintain accounting records to be able to prepare and reconcile Qatia with MoF;
- Supports, trains and mentors field office Finance Staff;
- Prepare all financial reports. Assist the preparation of monthly/quarterly/yearly accounts ensuring timely and accurate reports to AREDP management and World Bank/IDA;
- Assist Establishes a financial management system to be utilized by the various Provincial offices in the field to ensure timely and accurate management of project funds;
- Provide support and for the MIS Finance database/accounting software related issues and undertake the data input process to ensure generation of accurate and timely financial reports;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and knowledge of financial/budget accounting and monitoring systems, particularly related to implementation of donor funded programs;
- At least 3 years of accounting experience within Government, International NGOs, and or, UN Agencies;
- Proven knowledge and experience to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and accounting software applications such as Sun System, Peachtree, QuickBooks;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the activities of a small, specialized financial management planning and information unit.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or minimum Diploma in accounting or finance;
- Excellent accounting skills
- Good skills using using accounting software applications;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet use).
- Full working knowledge of English, and Dari and Pashto languages
- Ability to critically review and improve financial management and expenditure monitoring systems to increase accountability;
- Familiarity with Management Information Systems (MIS) like FreeBalance, ATLAS and SQL would be an advantage.
Ability to work in a high pressure environment;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanour; and
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative.
E. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the AREDP Provincial Manager and accountable to the AREDP Coordinator.
6.0 PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
5 Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.