|Date Posted:||May 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Provincial Manager (PM) in based at the AREDP Provincial Field Office in Badakhshan shall manage all activities of the AREDP Pilot Project initiative at the Province, including: i) representation and leadership; ii) managing the implementation of project activities focused in the Badakhshan; and, iii) managing all support activities for: administration, finance, human resources and procurement for operations of the Pilot Project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Plan, manage, and coordinate the implementation of the AREDP Pilot Project initiative in Badakhshan Province in coordination with the PMO in Kabul to ensure that the activities and delivered as planned;
- Plan, manage the day-to-day activities and performance of provincial AREDP staff including: the Provincial Enterprise Facilitators (PEFs); the Administration and Finance Assistant (AFA); and the Village Facilitators (VFs);
- Ensure effective coordination and representation to, and with, the provincial RRD office, provincial and district governors, the NSP facilitating partner in Badakhshan GoA institutions and NGOs, and all other relevant stakeholders to the Pilot Project initiative;
- Manage, supervise and report on the administration, finance, procurement and logistics activities of the AREDP Provincial Office in Badakhshan as performed by the Administration and Finance Assistant in coordination with the Program Support Services Office of the PMO in Kabul;
- Responsible to constantly assess the security situation in the area of operations and consider the appropriate security measures and response to ensure the safety of AREDP staff, operations, and assets;
- Prepare weekly and monthly project reports for the Pilot Project and others as required by the PMO;
- Contribute to the recruitment of eight Provincial Enterprise Facilitators (PEFs);
- Plan, manage and implement through the PEF teams the recruitment and engagement of fifty Village Facilitators (VFs);
- Day-to-day management and support of the four PEF teams to ensure their presence in the communities for at least four hours a day;
- Support market assessment activities in Badakshan province
- Contribute to the ongoing development and planning of the design and implementation of the pilot project initiative with the PMO;
- Other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager and the Senior Management Team.
- 3 years general management of field level development project implementation including responsibility for programs staff, administration, finance and procurement;
- 1 to 2 years experience managing a field office of a GoA institution, an NGO, or a development agency in Afghanistan;
- Experience and knowledge implementing rural enterprise development activities in Afghanistan is a advantage;
Qualification: A university degree preferably with a commerce, economics, or business background;
- Strong project planning and management skills;
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto, and good working knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Good computer skills using Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Strong team building, interpersonal and negotiation abilities including the ability to address sensitive issues with diplomacy, respect, and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and lead a large team in a high pressure working environment;
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanour;
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative; and,
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Badakhshan Province and other areas of Afghanistan.
E. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Field Operations Manager, and accountable to Head of Program and the Senior Management Team.
* Female candidates are in particular encouraged to apply.
5.0 REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Head of Monitoring and Learning Office, and is accountable to AREDP management.
6.0 PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
5 Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.