|Date Posted:||May 18, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Reporting to the CCAP Programme Manager and coordinating closely with other senior staff of Afghanaid, you will ensure the programme implementation is going on as plan, regular monitoring visits of programme sites are being done, identify the gaps and proper and timely recommendation presented to the management for further action.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
We're looking for a Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation coordinator at senior level with the following role specifications:
The Role: To produce reports for Citizen Charter programs, maintain data base systems at central level for the programs in Ghor, Herat and Logar province
The key areas:
1. Coordinate the process for generating donor report, involving the monthly collection of data from field, analysis of field data and presentation of information in concise and precise reports.
2. 2 To maintain close contract with the Provincial offices, agree on updated monitoring formats and train field staff in their use.
3. To take a leading role in the compilation of data for monitoring purposes and to develop and regularly update monitoring formats,
4. To actively participate in the implementation of baseline surveys, monitoring missions, programme evaluations and impact assessments for Citizen Charter.
5. To assist in the collation and updating of annual provincial work plans
6. Assist the relevant CCAP provincial managers in monitoring of field activities of the programs and survey data, and regular spot checked the accuracy of data supplied and subsequently entered.
7. Visit all program districts regularly to verify progress, train field staff in data collection and monitoring techniques and provide feedback for improvement
8. Produce monthly and quarterly progress report base on annual work plan with qualitative and qualitative inputs.
9. Assist in the production of other internal documents such as the case studies and newsletters.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by the CCAP program manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Education / Experience
The position holder must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in rural development, project management, international development, social science or other relevant area and extensive relevant professional experience.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant area and extensive professional experience in M&E.
Six (6) years working in leading international NGO or government organization designing and managing outcomes and result-based M&E system to track progress.
Experience in organizational level monitoring and evaluation system.
2 year experience in project cycle management.
Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Displayed ability in preparing well-organised, coherent reports, templates and other documents
Consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader
Proven ability and results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
1) Experience in organizational level monitoring and evaluation system.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment, adaptability, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Fluency in written English and demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents and reports for diverse audiences.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) High-level proficiency in office applications, including spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4) Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
5) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humor; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
6) Strong organizational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
7) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
8) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
9) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.