|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Humanitarian Organization Supporting Afghans (HOSA):
Humanitarian Organization Supporting Afghans (HOSA) is an independent national, non-governmental, non political, non-for-profit humanitarian/development organization dedicated to provide top quality services to the destitute or needful people of the country, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. HOSA observes neutrality and impartiality and demands full and unhindered freedom in the performance of its acts. The volunteers and employees of HOSA undertake to respect their professional code of ethics and maintain complete independence from all political, religious or economic powers. All employees of HOSA know and agree that providing humanitarian assistance and developmental services to the population in need is HOSAâ€™s priority. This requires a high degree of commitment, motivation, flexibility, professionalism and humanity. In agreement with the strategic needs of Afghanistan, HOSA mission is to improve the quality of Afghansâ€™ life through offering quality health care and social services. HOSA envisages and Afghanistan in which majority of Afghans lives a healthy life and have easy and equal access to quality health care and social services.
HOSA is running psychosocial counseling project in Balkh province through four psychosocial counseling centers. This project of HOSA is funded by European Union and Caritas Germany. HOSA is need of a Provincial Officer to manage the program in Balkh province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of Program Director and Project Officer the Provincial Officer is part of technical team and has responsibilities in supervising and monitoring of HOSAâ€™s Psychosocial Counseling Projectâ€™s activities in the province and in accordance to the HOSAâ€™s policies and regulations.
Key duties and responsibilities are the following:
1. Provide regular technical supervision/monitoring and supports to counseling project team at the province level.
2. Supervise and monitor the performance of counseling centers in the province.
3. Collect and analysis of all statistical data of the counseling project and write a descriptive report about on a weekly/monthly basis.
4. Identify needs and problem of the counseling project and sharing it with Project Officer for advices.
5. Establish and ensure technical supportive systems regarding, moral and motivation of the counselors at the province level.
6. Assist in internal and external coordination of counseling project activities with relevant stakeholders at the province level.
7. Assist in liaison of the counseling project with provincial authorities.
8. To be fully updated about his/her tasks and technical team achievements, reporting and follow up.
9. Attend all the meetings related to counseling project in province.
10. Take active part in quality assurance and ensure recording of lessons learned to adjust the future planning of counseling project.
11. Facilitate the Logistical and Admin/Finance activities of the project in the province.
The applicants must have the following qualifications and criteria:
1. Afghan national, Medical Doctor and having at least three years related experience with national or international organizations.
2. Previous experience in project planning and implementation.
3. Advanced verbal and written English skills, fluent in Dari/Pashto.
4. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
5. Flexible, punctual and hard-working
6. Good computer skill with familiarity of MS word and excel.
7. Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
8. Empathy with organizational goals and objectives.