|Date Posted:||Mar 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The project coordinator reporting to Senior Programme Manager and will be responsible for overall coordination and supervision of the project’s interventions and ensuring smooth implementation in the respective province.
Requires travel to provinces:
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable Project Coordinator with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software MS Office etc.
b. Reporting writing skills
c. Having work experience with NRM projects
d. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
e. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
f. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
g. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
h. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
i. Sensitivity to gender issues.
j. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
k. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
l. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Duties & Responsibilities:
a. Project Implementation
- Assist the Senior Programme Manager for successful implementation of the project in accordance with the approved LFA and work plan.
- Develop and implement detailed monthly activity plan based on the approved project work plan
- In close coordination and consultation with senior programme manager and Afghanaid watershed advisor develop training manual and material and supervise training sessions on watershed management for communities, and local institutions.
- Provide technical support and guidance to watershed management officers and social organisers
- Provide support and facilitate watershed management Officers, Trainers and Social Organisers in the community mobilisation of targeted communities.
- Any other task assigned by senior programme manager or senior management of Afghanaid
- Promote close cooperation and communication of relevant Afghanaid staff at the district and provincial level to ensure overall direction and coherence of the project in other districts of the province
- Plan and implement capacity development initiatives for Afghanaid project staff, government related department staff to facilitate the achievement of project objectives, including planning and organizing training events addressing the specific training needs of the district offices.
b. Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure to generate qualitative and quantitative data to document milestones of project progress and submit to the reporting line
- Provide support for conducting the Baseline Survey and Endline Survey
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the project areas to assess project outcomes and its effectiveness
- Keep the Senior Programme Manager updated on the progress of the project and any issues that may arise during the course of the implementation that need his attention
- Monitor and evaluate project implementation, including through field visits, to ensure implementation of project activities against the indicators and benchmarks established in the project document
c. Financial and Logistics Management
- Support the senior programme manager in tracking budget spend
- Preparing PRs based on the project need and plan
- Assist the senior programme manager to oversee the financial management of the project budget, its timely and effective utilization
- Assist in developing and implementation of timely plans to address significant over/under spends
- Support the senior programme manager and the relevant staff including Logistics and Procurement Coordinator at Head Office to develop procurement plan and execute it in line with Afghanaid and donors procurement procedures and guidelines
d. HR management
- Participate in the recruitment and technical appraisal of all relevant staff.
- Continually assess the quality of work and technical competence of all relevant field staff and ensure that capacity building needs are met through training, on-the-job coaching or other methods, as appropriate.
- Regular visits to all project sites to assess the performance of staff and quality of project implementation, and provide information, encouragement and technical support as required.
- Develop capacity building plans and conduct trainings for field staff if necessary.
- Provide logistical and technical support to external consultants and visitors monitoring the project.
- Facilitate and actively participate in experience sharing workshops and staff meetings at the provincial and national level
e. Reporting & Documentation
- Assist senior programme manager to prepare and submit monthly narrative and financial reports against approved monthly activity plan and budget spend, give reasons if planned activities are not delivered and on budget variances
- Assist senior programme manager to document key lesson learning, good practices through short stories, case studies, reflection from community and best quality photograph
- Support Social Organizers to gather and organise data of the pre and post project situation in the project areas
- Contribute in preparation of project progress reports developed by the senior programme manager for submission to the Afghanaid head office in Kabul
f. Coordination & Linkages building
- Regular update and liaison with local community institutions (CDCs, DDAs and WMCs) local government authorities and ensure their active engagement in the project
- Assist senior programme manager to facilitate visit of donor missions to the project areas, and ensure that they are briefed properly
- Develop active relationship for sharing of information with other partners working in the province.
- Support Afghanaid other projects in the same area for ensuring more coordination and synergies to make sure a programme approach is working in the project target area.
- Represent Afghanaid at the provincial and regional level related forums
- Liaise with government authorities, line departments, CDCs and community elders at provincial level, propose alternative solutions for the problems that may arise during all the stages of the project;
g. Security Management
- Ensure strict compliance with Afghanaid Standard Operating Procedure (SoP), be responsible to study security of the project operating environment and keep the senior programme manager updated
- Maintain regular communication with Security Focal Point and disseminate security information from SFP to the staff reporting to this position
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badakhshan, Samangan
Graduate /Post Graduate Degree in discipline (Development, Social Science, Governance, Agriculture and other relevant fields).
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and your name in the subject line by 29th March, 2020. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.