|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Midwives Association:
Afghan Midwives Association
The AMA is the technical body for midwifery education, professional development and policies that enable every midwife in Afghanistan so midwives can practice the highest level of care for the mothers and new born of the country. The AMA is a member of key national and international forums. For example AMA is an active member of the Human Resource Development Task Force, National Reproductive Health Task Force, The Maternal New born Health committee, Afghan Women Network and Secretariat for National Nursing and Midwifery Steering Committee. Similarly, at regional and international level AMA is an active member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) for the safe motherhood and women empowerment; also member of the Asia Midwifery Regional Resource Center..
The psychologist counselor is responsible for recognizing and seeking pregnant women and clients who are affected by psycho-social health problems, such as mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually includes well-being, self-esteem, effective states, sensory, cognitive. In MLMCC including high-quality maternity services, assessing and provide mental health services are one of the important issues that will be a positive effect on MLMCC health services quality and increase the MLMCC clients.
The human relationship between the counselor and the client is the most important factor in counselling. We all need to have a witness for what has happened to us in our life and what we have experienced. To see and experience empathy from the counselor helps to connect to own feelings. It helps to reassure people that their feelings and the experiences are true and had a severe impact on their lives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In psycho-social counselling a professional helping relationship between the counselor and the client will be established. This relationship is built on certain skills of the counselor and follows certain principles. Both the client and the counselor together try to find a good and supportive way to deal with the client’s problems. The counselor should avoid being a judgmental adviser as well as showing him/her-self in a superior position. The task is to help the client to find a way how to deal with his problems in a positive and good way and the main responsibilities are as follows:
- Adhere to the values, policies and procedures of Afghan Midwives Association and MoPH.
- Work to improve positive work environment among staff and clients.
- Identify a space in the MLMCC suitable for counselling ensuring patient’s privacy and comfort.
- Develop liaison with the MLMCC staff, community elders to ensure referral of patients with severe mental health/psycho-social problems from the MLMCC to tertiary Hospital.
- Conduct screening of patients with symptoms of mental/psycho-social problems including GBV survivors and conduct intake interviews and assessment.
- Develop care plans provide counselling and closely monitor and document the progress of the patient.
- Provide individual and group psycho-social counselling to the project client’s beneficiaries.
- Set up a monitoring system to evaluate the effectiveness and the impact of the planned individual and group psychological support on the beneficiaries.
- Prepare and maintain accurate patients’ clinical records and ensure it is kept confidential and accessible only to authorized staff.
- Prepare case abstract and facilitate referrals of patients to specialized services when required.
- Conduct training for other local actors and community members on psychological first aid (PFA) identification and referral of persons in need of psycho-social support.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly progress report of the activities to line manager.
- Perform any other task given by line manager.
Skills and Behaviors: AMA Values in Practice
- Commitment to AMA Values: Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts AMA values
- Cross-cultural Awareness: Demonstrates an open attitude
- Behavioral Flexibility: Adapts behavior to the needs of the situation
- Stress Management: Manages own stress
- Results and Quality Orientation: Performs his/her work
- Service Orientation: Responds em-pathetically to clients and understands their concerns/needs
- Planning and Organizing: She/his organizes her work
- Teamwork and Cooperation: Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
· Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to AMA Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role.
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of AMA resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
§ Other duties as directed
1. Higher education in relevant fields, Master degree is preferred.
2. Five year experience in similar position desirable.
3. Good communication skill both in writing and oral in Dari/Pashtu essential.
4. Communication skill in English oral and written desirable.
5. Two positive references from previous employers or educators.
6. Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others in a team environment.
7. Strong commitment to midwifery profession and Midwifery Association (AMA).