|Date Posted:||Sep 25, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 2, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
The incumbent will be a full-time employee with a variety of responsibilities stated below.
She/he will work with GBV clients of all ages in IDPs and refugee communities, who have a variety of different mental or physical health issues, such as; depression and anxiety, mental illness, adjustment to physical illness, neurological disorders, addictive behaviors, challenging behaviors, eating disorders, personal and family relationship problems and Learning disabilities.
Psychologist work in partnership with the clients over a series of sessions in order to diagnose, assess and manage her condition. They often work alongside other professionals in multidisciplinary teams in order to deal with her clients' complex problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assessing a client's needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior;
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside case worker, social workers, medical doctor, Vocational Trainer and outreach officer.
• Devising and monitoring appropriate treatment programs, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues;
• Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behavior;
• Developing and evaluating service provision for clients;
• Providing consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work; counseling and supporting
• Carrying out applied research, adding to the evidence base of practice in a variety of healthcare settings.
• Psychologists may be called on to write legal reports and act as expert witnesses. They keep detailed paperwork about clients in order to monitor the progress of the clients' treatments.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, social since /Clinical Psychology will be an advantage
• A minimum of 3 Years of relevant work experience
• The ability to recognize his/her own limitations and respond to difficult situations;
• The ability to apply his/her knowledge of academic psychology and research to clinical problems;
• The capacity to be critical and analytical and to work in a self-motivated, independent way;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with people in distress;
• The ability to collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines;
• The determination to succeed;
• A strong understanding of the profession and the role of a psychologist,
• Empathy and a person-centered approach to clients;