|Date Posted:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
To support the Integrated Nutrition / Health and MHCP response to reduce excess child morbidity and mortality in high risky provinces of Afghanistan under RRT program.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Previous experiences working in mental health/ gender protection and mainstreaming/ GBV or Psychosocial supports.
· Good organization, planning and reporting skills are necessary.
- Ability to manage working environment according to local culture
- Fluent in local languages (Dari & Pashto) and if possible some English
- High flexibility in deployment, possible with Mahram
- Knowledge of intervention area is a plus
· Strong interpersonal and communication skill,
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Perform psychosocial care practice to BNFs
- Perform the identification of psychosocial care needs of the mothers/ caretakers who are visiting RRT services.
- Follow MHCP-GP relevant guidelines and protocols during counselling and service provision to BNFs.
- Conduct psychoeducation group sessions counselling to caretakers on care and feeding practices (including IYCF -E).
- Provide PFA session to those caretakers who needs to support.
- Conduct stimulation workshop sessions (Play sessions, baby bath and massage, relaxation exercise and storytelling) to BNFs who are searching RRT services.
- Perform one to one and group PSS counselling to caretakers
- Refer those BNFs who need for advance counselling/treatment to highest treatment centers.
Objective 2: Support the integrated of MHCP with nutrition and health intervention
· Assess the capacity or potential of psychosocial services within health and nutrition services and contribute to improving these psychosocial services in the RRT services with on and off site training
· Improve and facilitate mother and child interactions, attachments and relationships acknowledging gender related limitations to movement and resource access.
· Provide and maintain creation of child and mother friendly spaces in RRT services provision.
· Provide on the job training session to health/nutrition staff on MHCP-GP topics.
· Assist teamwork and provide better team working environment with the health and nutrition staff.
· Facilitate best practice of nutrition assessments including the appetite test.
· Identify the opportunities for lessons learned and evidence based adaption of programs.
Objective 3: Contribute to the follow up of the beneficiaries’ care practices:
· Identify the beneficiaries and attendants who need specialized attention (unusual behavior, aggressiveness, isolation, food refusal, etc.)
· Ensure that these persons are given support through interviews, individual counselling and by referring them to the medical team in sensitive situations;
· Inform the supervisor or psychologist of any information or observations made following an educational activity session ;
· Keep the files concerning social activities up to date.
Objective 4: Prepared all the material /Reporting and documentation
- Before leaving the office ensure all the material is ready and active (relevant equipment’s, registers, nutritional supplies, medicines…).
- Keep all items in the field very well, after the field visit, clean, and prepare the using in coming day.
- Update all reporting tools on daily basis.
- Keep and maintain a good filing system for all documents
- Prepared the reports (Daily, Weekly and monthly) according to the standard reporting tools.
· Keep the files concerning coordination and changes in program direction accurate and up to date
· Assist line supervisor on performing other duties assigned by the organization.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Parwan
- Diploma or Bachelor`s degree in psychology or related field recognized institute
At least 2 years’ experience in the field mental health and psychosocial support in emergency
Please send your CV and application letter to Human Resources Department,
8 Street of Qale Fatullah, KABUL
Please mention the position title in your email subject line otherwise it will be rejected
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview