|Date Posted:||Nov 10, 2021|
|Reference:||Loc-82-2021Musakhel, Loc-83-2021Nadishakot, Loc-84-2021Rashidan|
|Closing Date:||Dec 16, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 20 Years|
|Contract Duration:||18 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
As per bellow duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
- Increase access of affected and vulnerable individuals to professional psychosocial counselling services including required treatment/trauma care and dignity kits for all target population within the catchment area of the project.
- Work for increasing local communities’ awareness level to identify, support and refer affected and vulnerable individuals for psychosocial services.
- Prepare quality counselling, treatment/trauma care and referral reports with possible privacy and confidentiality.
- Develop strong working coordination and effective communication channels with local communities for utilization of CARE MHT psychosocial service and resources.
Overall objective of this position is to increase access of target and vulnerable groups to primary curative and preventive psychosocial services including consultation, medicines, distribution of dignity kits, health education and referral services to all male and female clients in the catchment area/SDPs.
- Select clients-friendly and secure place/corner/room for organizing consultation and awareness raising sessions in terms of compliance with confidentiality and privacy related issues in the field.
- Conduct psychosocial counselling sessions with individual or group discussion for all target and vulnerable clients and provide required treatment, specific dignity kits including offering volunteer referral services.
- Keep special focus on keeping all clients’ individual consultation & referral data/records confidential and limited to official use only.
- Identification of most vulnerable and affected individuals in internal displaced and host communities through awareness raising, regular health education and OPD triage and triage.
- Report and share any unexpected issue or security related issues immediately to line manager or project office.
- Work with local communities and CHWs to help MHT identify and refer vulnerable and shock affected individuals from host community and IDPs.
- Advocate for local community support for minimizing further harm to vulnerable population via awareness raising and health education.
- Assist target communities in developing & adapting safety plan for life threatening situations considering local context and available resources.
- Considering the nature of work with these clients and local context, all possible measures should be in place to ensure confidentiality & privacy related issues of all clients to avoid any unwanted/unexpected stigma, harm or any life threatening condition.
- Prepare and submit daily consultation, referral and dignity kits distribution related reports to the team leader/in-charge.
- Ensure active participation in local community mobilization activities in consultation with team leader and other MHT colleagues.
Maintaining close internal working coordination with other team members, project staff and referrer community/clients concerns/suggestions to line manger accordingly.
- Holder of a diploma in psychosocial counselling or Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from a recognized institute within the country/from abroad.
- At least one-year experience in the provision of psychosocial counselling services. experience with IDPs will be a plus point
- Proper report writing and communication skills
- A team member with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain professionalism/medical ethics in services delivery and interaction with clients/visitors.
- Experience in case management including organizing individual or group counseling sessions.
- Fluency in spoken and written Dari and Pashtu is a requirement. English Language skills is a plus point
Job Location:Afghanistan, Khost, Ghazni
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with updated CV to email@example.com before the closing date, applications without CARE Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location of province that you apply for in the Subject Line (Psychosocial Counsellor Loc-82-2021Musakhel, Loc-83-2021Nadishakot, Loc-84-2021Rashidan ) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Only residence of Khost (Musakhel & Nadirshakot Districts) Ghazni (Rashidan District) can apply for this position.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)