|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of Public and Social Affairs Advisor position is to solidify coordination between relevant public and social governmental entities to strengthen social security measurements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Prepare annual work plan in compliance with goals and programs of deputy of National Security Council (NSC) for assessment and analyze of threats to achieve goals of NSC;
2. Provide consultation regarding achievement and delivery of social safety measurements in conformation to the effective laws of the country.
3. Provide consultation regarding coordination among relevant stakeholders and line governmental entities appertaining surveillance of establishment, secure, and outfit of the social safety (security) centers based on the relevant legal documents and report them to National Security Advisor.
4. Provide technical consultation to the National Security Advisor regarding parliamentary affairs both general assemblies and commissions particularly related to social and cultural affairs.
5. Monitor and inspect child protection action network meetings that are conducted by Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs, and Disables (MOLSAMD) for the purpose to reduce or avoid child abuse through opposite militants and provide feedbacks of the meetings to the National Security Advisor.
6. Develop a particular policy in coordination with the line governmental entities and donor community for the purpose of identifying and eradicating possible national security and safety threats to social safety.
7. Strictly monitor enormous social and cultural events from security perspective and report any possible national security threats to the security agencies.
8. Establish and strengthen relationships with civil society, cultural, and social organizations within the country the country for the purpose of exchanging relevant information and strengthen national security during national social and cultural events.
9. Conduct proper analytical research regarding governance, public administration, and organizational management on country and regional levels.
10. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
11. Conduct performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate;
12. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
13. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
14. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Public and Social Affairs Advisor would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution in a related discipline or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years relevant work experience particularly with security or defensive governmental entities;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.