|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.:
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
We are seeking two individuals that will have the same duties. One position is long-term, one position is short-term. The Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialists will report to the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader in Kabul. The Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialists will assist the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader in overseeing the public outreach and advocacy component.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· SUMMARY: Assist in overseeing the public outreach and advocacy component work. This typically includes informing the public of important legal issues through publications, radio and television. Much of our Advocacy and Outreach activities are accomplished through grants to civil society organizations and other organizations: this position ensures those organizations are performing their obligations of the grant.
· Assist in assessing the capacity of partner CSOs receiving public outreach and advocacy grants.
· Assist in the design of request for grant applications.
· Assist in evaluation of grant applications.
· Assist in monitoring/managing of partner CSOs/NGOs.
· Assist in providing direct technical assistance to build the administrative, advocacy and outreach capacity of partner CSOs.
· Assist in conducting participatory organization development assessments of ADALAT partner CSOs and develop action plans for the organizations’ development.
· Follow up with ADALAT partner CSOs, on the implementation of their action plans.
· Assist ADALAT partner CSOs to access resources for addressing organization capacity needs and help them to plan for and get the most out of organization capacity interventions.
· Assist in developing advocacy manual and conduct Advocacy ToT to partner CSOs.
· Assist in organizing workshops for ADALAT partner CSOs on topics such as strategic planning, communication and outreach/ advocacy and management.
· Assist in providing ADALAT partner CSOs with direct practical technical assistance according to their needs and areas of expertise.
· Support ADALAT partner CSOs in completing capacity assessment checklists.
· Travel to provinces as required.
· Perform other tasks assigned by the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialists must have the following minimum set of qualifications:
· Bachelor Degree with five years of relevant experience.
· University degree in Law, Journalism, Public Administration, Management or related field
· At least three years of experience working with the Afghan Civil Society Organizations, in particular with work related to capacity building, advocacy, and outreach.
· Experience with managing grants is preferred.
· Strong writing, presentation, and training communication skills
· Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto.
- Please send your CV containing your cover letter that explains your suitability to the position. Please rename your CV by your Full Name while sending to us.
- Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and reference number exactly " Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialist 158 " otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.