|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 1, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||8 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.:
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
ADALAT will support initiatives to increase the transparency and accountability of justice sector institutions to the increasingly-knowledgeable public they serve through a grants program. Through the grant program, ADALAT will offer funding and technical support to local organizations to raise awareness of legal rights among semi-literate and illiterate Afghans in rural and low-income communities and support advocacy for reform. Civil society organizations, and not-for-profit Afghan entities will be eligible for awards. Grant partners will have considerable flexibility in implementation, with ADALAT support throughout.
The Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing the public outreach and advocacy component.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist with the preparation of requests for grant applications
· Draft reports and annual work plans
· Supervise the staff of the CSO Support Team
· Evaluate grant applications
· With the compliance team, ensure partners are compliant with USAID rules and regulations governing grants
· Monitoring/manage partner CSOs/NGOs
· Provide direct technical assistance to build the administrative, advocacy and outreach capacity of partner CSOs
· Travel to provinces as required
· Perform other tasks assigned by the Chief/Deputy Chief of Party
The Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader must have the following minimum set of qualifications:
· Master degree or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience or bachelor degree with 7 years relevant experience.
· University degree in Law, Journalism, Public Administration, Management or related field
· Level 4 English ability
· Must have 3 years’ experience working with Afghan Civil Society Organizations in work directly related to advocacy and/or outreach. Grant management experience is preferred
· Strong writing, presentation, and training communication skills
· Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Please send your CV containing your cover letter that explains your suitability to the position. Please rename your CV by your Full Name while sending to us.
- Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and reference number exactly " Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader 213 " otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.