|Date Posted:||Jan 15, 2011|
|Reference:||V # POD 053 January 15, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
About Counterpart International STEP:
Founded in 1965, Counterpart is a diverse, non-profit, international development organization dedicated to helping people in need in the areas of civil society, private enterprise, environmental resource management, humanitarian relief, and healthcare. We do this by building the capacity of local partner nongovernmental organizations, lenders, businesses, governments and other institutions to solve their own, self-defined economic, ecological, political, and social problems in ways that are sustainable, practical, and independent.
The Public Outreach Coordinator is under the direct supervision of the Counterpart STEP National Public Outreach Manager and will be responsible for designing, managing and supervising public outreach activities for minorities, women and people with disabilities in collaboration with Counterpart STEP Civil Society Partners.
The successful applicant will be also responsible developing and coordinating public outreach activities which can promote women participate.
To assist Counterpart STEP Civil Society Implementing partners in designing public outreach activities.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for developing and coordinating public outreach activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design public outreach activities that address STEP objectives and target groups.
2. Manage and supervise the local partnerâ€™s implementation process and provide guidance, trouble shooting and coaching for the partnerâ€™s teams.
3. Coordinate with the Local Partners on program implementation financial and technical issues.
4. Report on operational and program development and progress.
5. Conduct meetings with program Stakeholders to represent STEP; including governmental and non governmental bodies in Afghanistan.
6. Coordinate with the Media Department to ensure synergy and harmony between the two program components.
7. Work closely with the Gender Advisor to ensure the implementation of overall gender sensitive activities
8. Work under the Voter Ed Advisor on all activities related to public outreach and civil society organizations
9. Prepare a cascade training plan for the partner NGOs and the civic educators on the overall program issues, reporting, planning and coordination and community mobilization skills.
10. Providing substantive input during the civic education campaign material development phase
11. Conducting field visit to ensure proper implementation and trouble shoot all problematic issues at a timely manner
12. Coordinate with Counterpart IPAC-S ensures overall synergy between both programs and teams.
13. Submit bi-weekly and monthly reports to direct supervisor (Voter Ed Advisor)
14. Other tasks as assigned.
1. BA in Social Science, Anthropology, Political Science or other related field.
2. 4-5 Years of Experience in Civic Education, Community Mobilization, Public Awareness Campaigns.
3. Past experience in elections programs
4. Experience in Program design and project management experience
5. Experienced with management and oversight of multiple small/medium projects.
6. Experience in Gender and women's related issues
7. Skill and ability of Report writing
8. Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
9. Fluency in English.