|Date Posted:||Jan 22, 2011|
|Reference:||V # POD 055 January 22, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 4, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Counterpart International STEP:
Founded in 1965, Counterpart is a diverse, non-profit, international development organization dedicated to helping people in need in the areas of civil society, private enterprise, environmental resource management, humanitarian relief, and healthcare. We do this by building the capacity of local partner nongovernmental organizations, lenders, businesses, governments and other institutions to solve their own, self-defined economic, ecological, political, and social problems in ways that are sustainable, practical, and independent.
The Public Outreach Manager will provide long-term technical and administrative management of tasks related to the design and implementation of the civic and voter education national campaign in Afghanistan. The campaign will be conducted and implemented through various civil society/professional groups in Afghanistan. The various projects and initiatives are geared to educate and encourage the public engagement in the democratic and electoral process in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a public outreach strategy for the project to ensure visibility of the project;
2. Assist program subcontractors to develop and implement outreach strategies;
3. Produce project monthly reports, newsletter, write success stories, write press releases and communicate with the media;
4. Contribute to developing project website. Maintain substantive part of the website and provide information for posting on the website;
5. Manage the development and implementation of public outreach strategies geared toward promoting civic engagement in the electoral process and the decision making process in Afghanistan;
6. Develop strategies to promote information dissemination to the public and to enable public input into messages development and program design;
7. Liaise with the local media and STEP media department to enhance public understanding of STEP civic education and public outreach campaign messages;
8. Manage the public outreach coordinators tasks and provide guidance, trouble shooting and coaching;
9. Supervise and track deliverables and program progress in close coordination with the M and E and Financial Contracts Managers in STEP team;
10. Report on operational and program development and progress;
11. Conduct meetings with external stakeholders to represent STEP; including governmental and non governmental bodies in Afghanistan;
12. Coordinate with the Media Department to ensure synergy and harmony between the two program components;
13. Design and develop a cascade training plan for the partner NGOs and the civic educators on the overall program issues, reporting, planning and coordination and community mobilization skills;
14. Coordinate with Counterpart IPAC-S senior management to ensures overall synergy between both programs and teams;
15. Other tasks as assigned.
1. BA in Social Science, Anthropology, Political Science or other related field.
2. 7+ Years of Experience in Civic Education, Community Mobilization, Public Awareness Campaigns.
3. Past experience in elections programs
4. 4 yrs Experience in Program design and project management experience
5. 2 yrs Experienced with management and oversight of multiple small/medium projects.
6. Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
7. Fluency in English.