|Date Posted:||Jul 23, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 2, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA):
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows: 1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment. 2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices. 3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region. 4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for a Public Private Partnership Specialist to coordinate, promote, facilitate and assist PPP projects of CRIDA. The Public Private Partnership Specialist shall promote projects that will make effective use of PPP arrangements. He/she must facilitate information dissemination and dialogue with potential investors and financiers during the tenure.
The objective of the position is to establish the PPP framework and its network under the Private Investment Regulation Department, including parameters, guidelines and working arrangements to make the PPP projects most effective.
The Public Private Partnership Specialist is expected to provide expert input into all PPP projects on the financial structuring and explicit and implicit financial costs to government. The Specialist will this be someone with solid project finance experience on a number of projects and in a number of sectors from a private sector financing perspective as well as experience in understanding the project risks to both public and private sector participants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Public Private Partnership Specialist would report to Investment Regulation (IR) Deputy Director and Investment Regulation Director if required.
1. Leading PPP/financial activities involved in the execution of project TORs.
2. Ensuring the timely submission of project deliverables, record keeping, and participation in meetings/briefings as required by project contracts.
3. Coordinating project tasks throughout the project, including preparing, updating, and maintaining the project detailed plan and schedule, and provision of advice and assistance to the client
4. Providing technical expertise in PPP structuring, PPP feasibility studies, PPP contract development/drafting, negotiations and project finance, including policy, project development and operations, cost-benefit analysis, value for money analysis, PPP scenario analysis and economic impact analysis.
5. Leading and managing PPP tender processes, negotiations and public-private sector engagement process.
6. Authoring and delivery of papers at PPP conferences.
7. Provision of support (within given area of expertise) to other team members in the delivery of project requirements.
8. Advice line ministries and other government entities on the feasibility studies required in order to demonstrate project viability.
9. Advise on the appropriate financial structure CRIDA projects based on a knowledge of the market’s ability to provide finance and bear risk
10. Ensure that the government’s explicit and implicit fiscal obligations and risks are determined in the feasibility study stage and that these are communicated to relevant authorities and managed appropriately.
11. Analyze all financial models, both in the feasibility studies and in proposals submitted as part of the competitive bidding process to ensure that the projects are affordable, financially sound and sustainable with appropriate risk allocation.
12. Supervise financial administration, including the preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecasts
13. Develop Standard PPP Contract Provisions requiring consultation and negotiation of risk issues with public and private sector bodies.
14. Develop standard methodologies for PPP project preparation, competitive bidding, negotiation and contract management of PPP contracts and to ensure these are applied.
15. Ensure that PPP projects are prepared for competitive market bidding in such a way that all financial and risk components are adequately identified, quantified and allocated in a manner consistent with prescribed methodologies.
16. Contribute to the development of the Management Information System in terms of developing a database of relevant legislative and regulatory material, global best practice and development of standardized contractual provisions and security documents.
17. Maintain contact with all regulatory agencies to ensure the PPP Unit is kept fully advised on developments in this area
18. Develop and maintain an updated list of key stakeholders in public and private sectors
19. Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the PPP Unit
20. Contribute to the development of PPP Methodologies
21. Hire and brief outside financial advisors as necessary
22. Perform such other tasks as assigned by the Investment Regulation Director as may become necessary.
The PPP Specialist must possess at least 5 years post graduate experience with a degree in management, finance, economics, commerce, or engineering.
The incumbent will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with 3 years relevant experience in similar positions in structuring and analyzing PPP transactions through a range of initiatives.
Master's Degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or
He or she must have proven experience in infrastructure policy formulation at the national level, a strong experience in project management, preferably infrastructure project.
Experience creating and analyzing financial models for project finance, corporate finance or private equity related projects.
Experience in PPP tender process management, negotiations and financial closures (experience with both public and private sector clients would be an asset)
Must have a balanced personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
Excellent financial management and analytical skills.
Experience in managing complex organizational relationships at the highest levels, most efficiently in Government Sector.
Experience leading teams in a complex and sensitive environment.
Must have knowledge of Afghanistan Government policies, rules and regulations.
Experience in usage of computers, good working knowledge of finance software such as SPSS, QuickBooks, Peachtree and Microsoft Office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Good oral and written skills in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
Diligent and enthusiastic, willing to work long hours and under pressure.