|Date Posted:||Feb 22, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
1. Purchase based on the approved request received from the department heads and necessary clearance from the Finance Department.
2. Obtain minimum three best quotations after doing an extensive market research
3. Analyze quotations to make effective purchasing recommendation. This involves preparation of appraisals which primarily include evaluation of price, quality, time delivery and service.
4. Providing information regarding new products and market trends to Network units.
5. Coordinate with requested department to ensure that the requirements are met and communicated to relevant units.
6. Preparing monthly report of all the expenditures made and submit it to the immediate supervisor.
7. Responsible for custom clearance, collection from the airport, coordinating with the concerned ministries for acceptance, transportation and unloading of containers and trucks etc.
8. Accountable for all the purchasing done and its delivery on timely basis.
Candidates should be/have:
1. School Certificate (12 class passed);
2. At least two to three years of related experience preferably in Hospital setup;
3. Use of appropriate computer software for preparation of financial comparisons and other purposes, especially MS Office
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in Dari and English;
5. Negotiation Skills
6. Ability to do effective liaison with customers (End-Users), superiors and colleagues