|Date Posted:||Sep 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
UNOPS strategy for Afghanistan is aimed at providing maximum support to the Government and people of Afghanistan though the delivery of projects and services in line with the government’s own priorities. The UNOPS Afghanistan Operation Center (AFOC) has been established as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the implementation agency. At present, UNOPS AFOC is implementing a number of projects in a range of sectors including infrastructure (roads and schools) development, capacity building to various ministries, and environmental protection, among others, on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community.
The functional objective of UNOPS AFOC is to deliver projects in an efficient and effective manner, to achieve the development outcomes sought by the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community, where capacity building is always considered and encouraged. The aim of UNOPS AFOC is to provide implementation services to the Government of Afghanistan, the donor community and partner agencies in the reconstruction and development of the country. In doing so, UNOPS aims to exceed client expectations in the delivery of quality services throughout the country.
The Project for Development of Water Supply Facilities in Dehsabz South Area - Parcel 2.2 (JICA V), funded by the Government of Japan (GoJ) through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) involves the design review, construction and installation of water supply facilities which are intended to support the planned new Kabul City. The water supply facilities include the following specific project scope components for design review, procurement of construction works, construction supervision, financial management and reporting. Planned construction works outputs include the construction and installation of boreholes (testing and production wells), water pumping station, water transmission main, water pressure regulating reservoir and principle water distribution main system.
Requires travel to provinces:
Please see main announcement for more details
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the JICA V Deputy Project Manager, the QA/QC Engineer is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed QA/QC plans for new construction of the water facilities works in compliance to the Quality Management Strategy and Quality and Assurance Plan.
- Ensure the establishment of quality procedures including time limits for inspection, sampling and testing of water supply works and other QA/QC requirements.
- Oversee and manage quality assessment of materials through regular and rigid laboratory tests.
- Ensure specific quality standards are constantly met at all levels of construction projects.
- In consultation with the project staff, review technical specifications and recommend standard construction specifications for all items of the water supply works for their effective use in projects’ works.
- Review all standard test forms to be used during laboratory tests, QA testing schedules and procedures and evaluate results as appropriate.
- Review contractor practices and conventional methodologies and make recommendations where remedial action is required.
- Work with project engineers and design consultants for establishing procedures with time limits for the inspection, sampling and testing of works and all other QA/QC requirements.
- Conduct initial survey queries on sources to materials, ensuring quality and quantity is of economic value to the project.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Establishment of procedures with time limits for inspection, sampling and testing of works and all other QC/QA requirements.
- Implementation and monitoring of quality assessments.
Monthly/weekly QA/QC report to the Project Manager on project QA/QC activities.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Certificate in a relevant field and/or a Master’s Degree will be an advantage;