|Date Posted:||Jul 19, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 29, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
New Paiman Construction Company (NPCC) is a private non government company which was established in 2003 and it is registered with the Afghan Government AISA and other Organizations. NPCC working/functional areas are Road Construction, General Construction (commercial, private, and governmental), Drainage Systems, Water Supply, Material and Equipment Supply, Surveying, Designing etc.
Include in Duties and responsibilty Section.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Prepare, Review and submit project quality control plan in accordance to the project contract and RFP.
2. To properly staff the project with qualified personnel.
3. To review the specification and recommend any changes.
4. To review procurement documents to ensure the incorporation of the quality control measures of the specifications have been incorporated.
5. To review design and as-built drawings.
6. To inspect construction activities.
7. To establish testing requirements.
8. To document non-conforming items or conditions and ensure corrective measures have been implemented.
9. To substantiate the quality of materials and workmanship by testing and inspection.
10. Accountable for construction progress, quality and safety on the specific project site. This will include being directly responsible for projects implementation as per Quality Control system, Design, BOQ, contract documents and specifications.
11. Compare the sites working progress with the working schedule and take the required action for the sites completion before deadline.
12. Ensure that projects are completed to a satisfactory standard before payment is authorized.
13. Review all submittals to insure compliance with the plans and specification
14. Inspect all material delivered, at the time of receipt, to ensure compliance with submittals, specifications, plans and/or shop drawings
15. Prepare replies to the Donor Quality Assurance reports and provide to the Management a plan of action for the required rectifications.
16. Bring to the attention of the Design Manager any design deviations that may be required during the implementation.
17. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
1. BS. Degree of Civil Engineering or similar field is required.
2. At least 2 years continuous experience as a QC manager or very similar position.
3. At least 2 year previous experience working in US corps of engineers projects.
4. Knowledge of international standard (ASHTO, ACI Code, ASTM etc), construction materials, laboratory equipments and testing
5. Highly proficient in design software such as AutoCAD, Civil CAD, QCS and other structural design software.
6. Working knowledge of MS Office packages, with advanced Excel skills, Excellent English skills, both written and verbal.
7. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
8. Proven organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills.