|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Quality Control (QC),Civil Engineering,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ahdaas Construction Company:
AHDAAS Construction Company is working in Afghanistan since 2002. Ahdaas goal and objective is to build a nation of expertise and talented engineers to work with full commitment as a team for the better rehabilitation of Afghanistan with high level of enthusiasm plus competitive improvement of Afghan men and women engineers.
Ahdaas is dedicated to providing quality construction products and services to its customers by maintaining the highest level of safety, integrity and innovation, while remaining environmentally responsible and fostering growth in our employees and communities.
The QC Manager is responsible for managing, coordination and performing overall Quality Control functions/activities of the 11.7km Ghor to Herat road project on site (Firozkoh city of Ghor province) coordinating compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Manager, He will also be responsible for direct oversight, review, and provision of proper documentation and physical inspections of different phases of construction. He will work in coordination with other site staff and external personnel to produce and document all quality control related reports and submittals for the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare Project quality Control Plan,
- Supervise Quality Control functions/activities of the project including quality control inspections, supervision of the sub‐contractors in the areas of monitoring, contract compliance, quality assurance, safety, and collection of quality records.
- Check and study scope of work, technical requirements, site plan drawings, and specifications.
- Supervise and allocate QC engineers to various areas of the project site.
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary.
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the Client and site staff and provide written minutes as described in the project's specific contract documents.
- Provide daily QC reports on the activities that are in progress in conformance with each specific standard from the project specifications and constructively confront non-conformance to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner.
- Conduct preparatory, initial, and follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards and the level of care desired for each definable feature of work.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the superintendent at least two days prior to the start of each new phase of the work to discuss issues that affect the quality
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems.
- Support the construction team in the management and control of subcontractors
- Verify and ensure that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately, and are acceptable for use in the project.
- Ensure that all tests are performed on the site as per requirements and reported to the main office on daily basis properly.
- Ensure that all works are carried out as per approved method statements and drawings.
- Prepare project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as-built drawings, and warranties to complete the project closeout phase.
- Any other job-related tasks that shall be assigned by the management.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering or road construction.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as QC Engineer/Manager in road construction projects.
- Shall have sound knowledge of all civil and road tests.
- Shall be familiar with QC requirements for road projects.
- Having updated CQM certification will be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
Interested candidates shall submit their resumes/CVs along with the cover letter (in 1 Word file) to this email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com Please indicate the exact job title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.