|Date Posted:||Jun 17, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 22, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About CTG Global Limited:
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of CHEF Program Manager, the incumbent will be required to work as Quality Control and Safety Engineer within the IOM CHEF Program in Paktika, Khair Kot. Activities will include responding to the needs of the donors for construction projects throughout Afghanistan, particular in these Provinces
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Implement CHEF Program site supervision and quality control duties including monitoring of the safety and health plan during construction by ensuring that the conditions of the agreement with the Donor are followed.
2. Coordinate with the Donor's field engineers and assistants on IOM CHEF quality control and safety plans in line with USAID/IOM technical specifications.
3. Responsibility for supervision of contractors in the areas of monitoring, change of orders, contract compliance, quality assurance, safety and documentation of all interaction.
4. Bring to the attention of CHEF Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager and Technical Advisor/Construction any projects that do not meet timelines or quality/safety standards and provide solutions for improving the quality of work.
5. Ensure that field reports are to a satisfactory standard in line with Quality Control System and Safety Plan(s).
6. Analyze field reports, inform Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager and Technical Advisor/Construction and instruct contractors accordingly.
7. Provide to CHEF management a plan of action for rectifying the defects, whenever needed.
8. Report to the Deputy Program Manager on all technical issues including but not limited to technical specifications, monitoring, and quality assurance.
9. Compare the sites working progress with the contractorâ€™s working schedule and take action to ensure the completion of the work to deadline.
10. Maintain detailed information and records of all projects in progress.
11. Ensure that projects are completed to a satisfactory standard before final payment is authorized.
12. Ensure that all materials and equipments related to CHEF Program projects meet the required standards and specifications.
13. Maintain and regularly update the database with material testing results.
14. Supervise projects in coordination with government or local technical personnel and in collaboration with IOM field personnel.
15. Offer support as requested to all IOM colleagues on construction and other technical matters and make field visits as requested by the IOM CHEF Program Manager.
2. Minimum of five years of experience in the field of infrastructure planning and construction in Afghanistan, and in infrastructure project implementation and quality assurance.
3. Experience in site supervision, quality and safety assurance on large-scale health and education or other construction projects.
4. Good English communication skills.
5. Understanding of complex social-political environments.
6. Results-driven attitude to work and effective resource management skills.
7. Ability to work under extreme pressure in difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness.
8. Flexibility and focus on processes. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues of different cultural, religious and professional backgrounds.
9. Languages: Dari: native speaker; Pashtu: fluent (in particular for people applying for regions where Pashto is the main spoken language); English: good working knowledge.