|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 2, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About CTG Global Limited:
CTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy,and Human Resources management services in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflicts, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crises worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients in Afghanistan currently comprise government, UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different businesses such a security companies.
The candidate for this job shall be employed as QCS Site engineer (QCSE) in the construction of IOM EDID projects (construction of buildings) in Kandahar city/province. His / her duties are underlined in the terms of reference (TOR) mentioned below. He /she shall be under the direct supervision of the IOM Construction Department. The candidate shall have good skills and knowledge in quality control monitoring and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Report to the IOM Kabul Emergency and Development Construction Department (EDID) in the execution of day-to-day work related construction duties in the project.
2. Implement IOM quality control and health and safety plan and procedures during site supervision works and submit daily reports to Kabul.
3. Attend pre construction meeting and weekly QC meeting with contractor and suppliers ( if necessary ).
4. Clear understanding of construction methods, monitoring, testing and reporting functions are mandatory.
5. Familiar with every civil and structural element of work in contract documents i.e technical drawings, calculations, products, samples and specifically IOM 3 phase QC inspection method of work inspection for each work activities.
6. Witness and approve the testing and commissioning of work related activities or each phase of construction through substantial completion / handover of the project.
7. Prepare contractor progress claims report in close coordination and under the supervision of Kabul Construction Department team.
8. Prepare and submit to daily, weekly and monthly progress reports on the status of project/QC and assist in material procurement planning and scheduling
9. Report and mitigate any work related project delays, if any.
10. Coordinate and assist contractor in the any QC and S interfacing issues related IOM and stakeholders.
11. Ensure the document controls of work related records kept for project level audits.
12. Monitor all safety matters during construction and report of any discrepancies to Kabul.
13. Perform other duties as may be assigned
(Education, experience and competencies)
University degree in Engineering and relevant training and experience on infrastructure projects including quality control and safety implementation. Ten years of experience in the field of infrastructure planning and construction with at least one year experience in Afghanistan infrastructure projects implementation and quality assurance.
ALTERNATIVELY: At least 10 years of on site experience in the role of Project Manager/Site Supervisor/Quality and Safety Assurance on large hospital or similar projects. At least two years of experience of working on similar projects in a developing and challenging environment.
Experience of complex Civil Engineering/Building Design a major plus.
Good communication and negotiation skills. Understanding of complex social-political environments. Drive for results with effective resource management skills. Ability to work under extreme pressure in difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness. Flexibility and focus on processes and their improvements. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds. Languages:
Thorough knowledge of English; working knowledge of Pashtu, Dari or other languages spoken in the region an advantage.