|Date Posted:||Mar 25, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 5, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Construction Management,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 8 Years|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Mustafa Shahzada Design and Construction Company (MSDCC) is non-governmental, non-partisan, non- political organization and its established(2011) to assist for the development, rehabilitation and reconstruction of Afghanistan; fully controlled and run by professional, well educated, experienced and young peoples.
The quality control engineer position works directly with quality assurance supervisors, analyzing construction processes for improvement using various methods of testing and inspection. Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards of the project.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Effective teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to implement solutions.
- Strong QC management, team leadership, and construction management skills.
- Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical).
- Ability to anticipate challenges and proactively resolve them.
- Proven aptitude along with strong writing and speaking skills.
- Self-directed personality with a commitment to excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, creative problem solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems that are not fully defined or expected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to the project coordinator and the higher management of the company Implementation of the quality control plan.
- The administration of the quality control plan.
- To review the specification and recommend any changes there.
- To review procurement documents to ensure they comply with the contract and specification requirements.
- To review design and as built drawing and ensure the latest updated design documents.
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers.
- Investigating and setting standards for quality and health and safety.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures.
- Devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the project quality.
- Inspect review and train subcontractor with methods and procedures of work to ensure their understanding and compliance with the contract and specification.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Samangan
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- At least 4 years’ experience of working as Quality control officer/manager.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Working experience with International Organizations and/or NGO.
- Must be flexible and willing to work long hours in order to meet the deadline.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and implement the field works.
- The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure.
- Willing to spend long hours in the field.
- Ability to work harmoniously within a multicultural team.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, multi-task with attention to detail.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork and in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Reliable, Honest, Transparent; Commitment for hard work & exceptional work ethics.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines.
- Having ability to update Accident Prevention Plan.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Letters of Interest CVs and supporting documents (education documents, working experience certificates, Copy of verified ID card (Tazkira) and Copy of verified last posting contract).
Please include the name of the position, location and vacancy number in the subject line of your Email and submit your CV on or before 5-Apr-2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for hiring procedure.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.